13

It had been a few days. You sat with Blue, in her pool. You thought it'd be nice to spend a little time with her, seeing as you haven't recently with White being on your mind. Blue talked mostly of Yellow, it was quite adorable. If allowed, you were sure she'd never stop talking about her. You listened, enjoying her company.

"I'm sorry, I've been talking an awful lot, usually I'm not like this, something must have gotten into me", she giggled.

"I'm sure someone has", you rolled your eyes, "so Blue, how is the work going? With all the changes I'm sure you must be super busy".

"Oh stars yes, the work never ends, it's even more than before. It's actually harder for Yellow and I when White doesn't seem to be doing much", she grimaced. You shook your head, unsure if you heard her right.

"I'm sorry, did you say White hasn't been doing much work?"

"Yes deary, as the leader of us all she has the most work, but none of it has been getting done. Yellow and I had to take on some of her duties so we could move forward. It's almost like she doesn't want anything to change".

You weren't sure if that was completely true. White has been upset, that's possibly the main reason why her work isn't getting done. Maybe... if she talks to you about it soon, you could help her.

"I think I'm going to go, it was lovely chatting with you Blue", you stepped out of the pool and waved as you walked away. Blue waved back.

White needed someone. This isn't normal, it's not like her, she wasn't even like this when you first met. You felt more determined than ever to be there by White's side. You almost ran to her room. Upon arrival, you took some deep breaths outside the door, preparing yourself, then knocked.

White let you in of course, she always did. You walked toward your bed.

"Hi White, would you mind coming down here for a second?".

White appeared hesitant, but agreed. She sat next to you on your bed, as you had done just the other day. She smiled.

"What do you need, y/n?"

You fidgeted, you were more nervous now that she was actually in front of you.

"Blue told me you haven't been getting much work done, are you sure you're ok?". You looked at her with pleading eyes. She put on the same fake smile as before. It was gentle, and warm, but you knew it wasn't her real smile. You've seen her real smile, it didn't look like this.

"Of course I'm ok, just a little behind, it's nothing to worry about"

"White-" you reached up for her face, but hesitated, "m-may I touch your face?". She nodded.

You placed your hand on her cheek, stroking it tenderly with your thumb. White leaned into your hand a little. Her face was so soft.

"I heard you, the other night, I heard you crying", you said. You almost regretted it as soon as it came out of your mouth. White gasped, shocked, clearly shocked. She stuttered, and a tear fell down her face. You held her other cheek with your other hand, wiping her tears.

"It's ok, to not be ok. I'll always be here for you, for as long as I live"

White began to sob. Her head fell to your shoulder. You embraced her, rubbing her back. A sigh of relief fell over you. Maybe now she can start getting better.

"it's ok if you don't want to talk yet, as long as you know I'm here for you, and I mean it"

She sobbed for what felt like hours, and you sat with her for all of it. Up until she grew tired, and weak. Letting out her emotions to their full extent, instead of suppressing them in any way definitely took a toll on her. You allowed her to lay down in your bed to rest. You pulled the covers over her, rubbed her cheek again, and got up to leave. You thought she'd like to have some time to herself to rest. However, you didn't get the chance, for she had grasped onto your wrist.

"please don't go, I- um... I'd like for you to stay, please, will you lay with me?". Your heart skipped a beat. You smiled, laying down next to her. As soon as you got comfortable, White moved closer, resting her head on your chest. You blushed at the unexpected contact, but enjoyed it. You combed her hair with your fingers, holding her close, so she'd know she's never going to be alone, not with you around.

"I thought everything was perfect..."