hand holdings

the game was happening an hour after school had ended but you had to be there for half past, that meant george would have to finish art then go straight outside to find clay. clay was staying in school to get prepared for the game of course but that meant george had nothing to do for an hour, although he figured he could just find alex and karl while nick and clay went to set things up and get changed.

the bell rang throughout the school, loud and continuous. usually, george would be extremely happy to go home and relax for the weekend, but today it was quite the opposite.

he was quick to pick up his bag from underneath his desk as he stumbled out of the seat in a hurry, it was his mission to find clay before the halls were too crowded, it would impossible if there were people surrounding him.

the halls luckily had just a few people walking about but he could hear the ruckus of chairs being pushed out and doors opening from all around him, he broke off into a fast speed walk to get to the front entrance.

once he had reached the stairs, he sprinted down them as fast as he could go. for once he would get out in time without other students crowding his vision.

that was until he found himself bumping into a tall figure, he fell back slightly with a little "oof" as the other person turned around and caught his arm gently to stop him for landing on the ground.

"your such an-" george cut the mystery person off by lightly hitting at their arm, trying to pull away carefully from the strongers grip.

"excuse me, i need to b-" he now cut himself off as he looked up and saw who it was, of course it was clay, "oh clay!"

still not letting go of the light grip on his arm, he looked down at george with a wide smile as his eyes creased at the sides, "you need to look where you're going, one day i won't be the one you run into and it'll be some random dickhead."

"yeah, yeah! now let go of me idiot." george tried to squirm away from the hold on his arm.

"awh georgie doesn't wanna hold hands?" clay faked a pout.

"of course, not with your grubby hands! you're not even holding my hand anyway you're holding my arm!" the halls were starting to fill now and george could feel panic rising at the fact.

"alright then," clay moved his hand down to hold onto georges hand instead as he let out a small laugh and start walking towards the front entrance.

"clay! people are looking.." he said in a whisper as he felt himself subconsciously move closer to clays side for comfort.

"let them." clay said nonchalantly.

george sighed and looked down, away from the stares he was getting, he knew why he was getting them of course, i mean he was holding hands with the 'dream' who wasn't gay yet was holding hands with the strange british new kid.

soon they reached the front of the school as they walked out, clay leaning against a wall as he dropped georges hand from his grasp..

"what should we do while you and nick are you getting your stuff done?" george asked after a little bit.

"you could sit at the bleachers and wait, or you could like go to a store and get some food if you're hungry." clay replied as he looked up behind george and started snickering.

"what is it?" george tried to look behind him but was stopped by clays hand which shot out and pulled georges face forward to face him again.

"wha-" george was stopped mid-sentence as two hands were placed on his shoulders, to which he got a fright and let out a small squeal as well as jumping a little.

he heard laughing from behind him as he quickly spun around to face, nick.

"your so annoying you idiot!" nick got a smack to his shoulder from george in anger.

"calm down!" he let out another laugh as clay started laughing as well.

"shouldn't you be going to get alex anyway, what are you doing here?" george asked with a slight scoff.

"karl told me just to go ahead, they'll be here soon." nick replied smugly, "anyways georgie how are you feeling about tonight?"

"it's just a party, it's not a big deal." george said quickly as he rubbed the side of his arm in uneasiness.

"you won't be saying that when you see clay with some drink in him, he's a fucking mad man." nick snickered.

"oh, come on now, you're over exaggerating it." clay scoffed.
"yeah? remember that one time you literally took-" nick started but stopped as clay sent him a sent him a look that could kill.

"it was literally years ago, you idiot." clay replied but not without a roll of his eyes.

george quickly jumped in on the conversation "i'm probably not gonna have anything so i can take care of clay."

"awh, wittle georgie is going to take care of his wittle boyfwend because awcohow is too scawy!" nick mocked.

"ur so dumb, alcohol just doesn't appeal to me so shutup." george replied with an eye roll and nick received a poke.

"damn, imagine being too pussy have even a sip." nick retaliated with a snicker.

george was about to reply but before he could alex and karl came running towards them, karl wrapping his arms around nick and alex flicking karls shoulder in return.

"ello, you guys excited for the game?" karl asked from behind nick where he onto placed his head onto his shoulder.

nick turned his head around a little bit to look at karl, "im excited to beat the other team's ass that is."
"don't get too cocky, if we lose then your gonna sound pretty dumb." clay said through a wide grin.

"yeah, yeah. we should get going soon before coach gets angry anyway." nick said.

"i can agree with you on that, see u guys after?" clay asked as he shoved his phone into the back pocket of his jeans.

george nodded quickly as he rolled on the balls of his feet excitedly and sent clay a wave.

"bye!" nick announced as he and clay made their way to the football field.

"alright! why don't we get like a coffee or something?" karl asked once nick and clay were out of sight.

"im down." alex replied.

"hm, what about that new café?" george questioned, both karl and alex nodding in agreement as they set off for the small café down the road.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

a / n : ok so im aware this chapter is very short and kinda sucks but I've been very unmotivated lately cuz I just really didn't know what to put in this bit but im going to leave it that for now and the next chapter plot should actually happen hopefully.