Chapter FOUR

There he was, waiting in the restaurant. I watched him from the outside for a while. He looked as if he did not belong here. I finally got the courage to walk inside. He got up when he saw me. "I was wondering when you were going to come in." he said. How could he have possibly seen me...

Well I wasn't going to worry about it. He was not a normal man. Or let's say; he wasn't an ordinary man.

"Hi to you too." I said by ignoring his remark.

"You look nice."

"You don't have to... compliment me. Don't feel like you have to."

"I don't do anything if I don't want to. Not anymore, at least."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"I'll explain it later."

We both sat down. Looking at each other. Trying to contemplate the next move. The waiter came and we ordered. It was pleasant. Almost like a normal date between two normal people. He even smiled at me.

"Bucky, I really don't know where this can go to. You're not from around here. I'm not sure what to think. You didn't even seem interested-"

" I am. Interested. Trust me." He said. "Do you wanna get out of here?"

"Sure." I said. He paid the bill and we found ourselves walking. I touched his metal arm. "Do you feel anything?"

"Of course not."

"I thought, maybe this is like a very advanced... Nevermind."

He chuckled.

"Well, are you feeling better about yourself, you went on a date with the girl you did not want to go on a date with."

"Who said that?"

"I figured."

"Well, I'm happy. I'm not here forcefully. It's been a while since I dated. I had other things to tend to. I still do. That's why I was, and still am, hesitant."

"It's getting late. I should go home. I didn't tell my parents that I was going out on a date. Since this won't be a regular thing, I didn't want them to know. "

"Wise."

"Yeah."

"I'll walk you home."

"You don't have to."

"Oh, wait, did you come with your car?"

"Yeah."

"Let me walk you to your car then."

"Okay." Although he was intimidating, I wanted to be close to him. Inappropriately close.

"Bucky, wait." I said. He stopped and looked at me. He was leaning over my car. I touched his normal arm. He just looked at me, waiting for me to do something. Was the sexual tension I was feeling, one sided? I was decent looking. I was the specific fantasy of some men. They had a thing for mixed people. Growing up, my mother was very worried about how sexualized me and my sister were. I tried to focus, in that moment, I said "fuck it".

He looked at me as if he knew what I wanted.