Chapter FIFTEEN

I was sleeping when I heard my phone buzz. My mother did not check the time difference apparently. "Hello." I said, with a very sleepy tone.

"Hi honey, were you sleeping?"

" Yeah. But it's okay, I can talk."

"Just wanted to check up on you."

"I'm alright."

"How's Bucky? Is he enjoying the vacation?"

Oh, they thought we were on a vacation. "Yeah, yeah, he's loving it" The truth could not be further from that statement.

"Good, I'm glad. He is a good man."

"Yes, he realy is."

"Is he being nice to you?"

"Yes, he's the best." Liar.

"I'm so glad that you've finally found your match." She said, which was like a pinch of salt to my already wounded heart.

"Mom, I gotta go." I said, like a dog, running away from pain.

"Okay honey. Love you."

"Love you too."

I got out of bed. Suddenly, all the walls were closing up on me. Or at least I was feeling like it. I texted Sam to see if he was up. He did not respond. I went to the balcony door and opened it to welcome the warm, Wakandan breeze. A few minutes later, I heard a knock on the door. I opened it. It was Bucky. "What the fuck? What are you doing Ayla? texting Sam at 2 a.m.? Are you trying to fuck him to make me jealous or something?"

I wanted to slap his stupid face. How could he? Instead, I walked inside. He followed. He probably was not expecting me to be calm after that horrible comment. Igot in the bed, under the sheets. I heard him close the door, his footsteps followed mine. He got in the bed with me.

"You left me all alone, to fend for myself. I was all alone." I said.

We weren't touching each other in the same bed. He sighed. "I'm sorry about what I just said."

I shrugged. His apology was not accepted. I turned my back to him. "I'm so sorry for leaving you all by yourself, I was just so angry. All my actions were out of that."

"I understand that." I did, I really did.

"Ayla, I love you. I don't want you to think the opposite. What you did was really bad, though."

"Don't you think I don't know that?"

"Maybe you do. I don't know. I can't read your mind. All I can do is to believe in you."

"You acted as if you were repulsed by me."

"I know, I'm so sorry."

"I want you to touch me." I said, I really did. I wanted him, in me, on me, all around me.

He held my hand. I felt as if someone threw a bucket of water to the fire inside me. It was relieving to see that he didn't hate me. He traced my arm with his fingertip. I got goosebumps. "I missed you." he whispered in my ear as he groped one of my breasts from behind. "And I missed you." I said in a quiet voice.

"Ayla."

"Huh? Yes?"

"Look at me."

I turned over to face him, he was holding something.

"I've thought of a million ways of doing this. All of them were cheesy. But I don't know. I'm sorry for making you feel lonely. You never were, you never will be lonely. I'm here, and I'm in love with you. You made Me believe in something I did not know was possible. I just hope you say yes."

He opened his palm to reveal a beautiful, sapphire ring with diamonds around it. "Shuri helped me pick it." he said, I was trying not to cry.

"Yes." I said. He put the ring on my finger. During the rest of the night, we did not talk.