.06

𝙱𝚎𝚗𝚎𝚍𝚒𝚌𝚝 𝙱𝚛𝚒𝚍𝚐𝚎𝚛𝚝𝚘𝚗

I know your heart will shatter as you read on, but I can't leave without saying goodbye. I never thought our story would be over, but it is. Needless to say, writing this letter was heart breaking. It didn't come easy. I hope that you understand. I can't say it in person. Goodbyes are bitter. Having to say goodbye was never a part of my plan when I first met you. However, it seems life has other plans for us.

I will always remember the very first time we met, the very first time my lips touched yours, the very first time you wrapped your arms around me and rested your head on my shoulder. Your smile and your way of looking at me will always linger in my memories. There are so many lovely memories but the fact remains, the memories are not enough to bind us together for the rest of our lives. The picture of your charming smile keeps flashing in front of my eyes, though I know things will never be the same but I will always, I mean always, love you. I still yearn for your love.

I've learnt a lot from you. You have shown me what love is and what it feels to be loved. The time you pecked me and our lips touched so softly, I could feel it. I got the magical feeling. My body was at peace. I felt so alive. I felt like the only girl in the world. I felt like I was a princess, no, no, Miss World. No, no, the queen of the world. I also felt it when our hearts got so close that they were beating as one. I will always cherish the memories I have of us together. The past days with you were the best days of my life.

I do want you to know that you are a great person. You have the most pure heart in the world, you cared about everyone and everything. You are truly special, Benedict Bridgerton.

As you might know, I'm not there with you anymore but I want you to know the real reason why I'm gone, it might be hard to understand but believe me, It's true.

It all started with my freckles. One morning I got a letter from Grandma Vinny, telling me about the true meaning behind my freckles. It seems that they weren't vanishing because I accomplished a goal it was because they were my days left, Next to my family, Next to you. Many years ago it happened to another girl, each freckle she had in her face was a day remaining alive. So as I grew, my freckles vanished. And now I'm not there.

The only thing I ask you for you to do is to Learn to love again, I hope you find the strength to overcome this pain and move on in life, until I come back to your arms. I am taking with me our memories of togetherness. You will always remain in my heart. I hope to see you again. Goodbye dearest.

Tears were running down Benedict's face, after Aelianna's sudden passing he moved to a small cottage outside of London, he was gripping the letter so tightly that it was breaking. His heart ached.

He had received a letter a couple of days after she die but the letter kept sealed on his desk until he was ready to open it and it was until four years later when he decided to open, Meanwhile in that time he broke connection with Aelianna's family and was trying to pick up his broken pieces, but today he was ready.

A knock on the door took him out of his thoughts, he wasn't expecting visitors but either way he slowly approached the door to greet the people behind it.

"Welcome," he smiled softly once he saw who was behind it, "Come in please."

"Son!" Samson greeted. Aelianna's parents were visiting him for the first time since their daughter passed. Samson and Adelié had small wrinkles on their  faces and their hairs were starting to turn a gray color.

"How are you dearest?" Adelié asked him softly, While hugging him briefly. He responded with a fine.

The trio made their way towards the drawing room, Adelié gasped and pointed to the letter on his hand. "Is that from Elia?" She whispered, he nodded and she continued, "We got one too."

"After four years," Benedict started but it was interrupted by a giggle from upstairs. — Benedict grief for four years until he was ready to bring up her late wife, but at some point he needed to close the wound.

"Who is that?" Samson asked in confusion. Looking briefly at his wife.

"Greenie!" Benedict yelled from his spot on the couch in front of Aelianna's parents. "Come darling, I want you to meet someone people!"

A set of footsteps were heard, and after a couple of minutes a giggly girl was at the doorframe of the drawing room playing with the hem of her small dress she smiled at the old couple.

In that instant The Veuilleton marriage knew that she was their granddaughter, she looked just like her. She was the vivid image of Aelianna, only that the light brown hair Aelianna had been replaced with a black hair color and her face didn't have freckles but her green light eyes remained. A perfect mix of her And Benedict.

"Yes papa?" Greenie asked, walking slowly towards Benedict. It was clear that Aelianna never told her parents she had a child —with her sudden passing One month after she gave birth to Greenie, and wanting to wait till they were in London didn't help — now it was no secret. Adelié and Samson were crying, with soft smiles placed on their lips.

"𝙷𝚘𝚗𝚎𝚢𝚋𝚎𝚎, meet your grandparents." Benedict, smiled widely.

Since the moment Aelianna and Benedict met, she never told him the nickname her parents gave her, nor heard of it when they called her Honeybee. So it clearly brought wide eyes and surprise expressions to their faces. They knew that from the moment they met Greenie they're life's would shine again, and in a way Aelianna would be present on their life's. Benedict in the other hand, learned to love all over again, that spot being occupied by his only daughter that he loved and adore so much, but the girl who always would have a soft spot in his heart would be Greenie's mother which he would never forget.

Always yours,

Aelianna Bridgerton.

All books come to an end but Aelianna Veuilleton ended hers before the ink ran out

𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝙴𝙽𝙳