Direct Contact

August 2006 -  I moved to a new state after living in my old one my whole life.  A few months later I went to a personal growth seminar that I was invited to randomly by someone I didn't know well. Something told me it was important that I go to this, so I did. At the seminar, I basically put it out there to the universe that I was ready for big changes in my life.  AIC and Layne were nowhere on my radar, as usual.  

2 days later, Laynes spirit came to me when I was half awake, at 3 in the morning.    First, he put the AIC song "Real Thing" (a song he wrote the lyrics for) in my head, super clearly and loudly, like a jack had been plugged into my brain.  I heard it in my mind, not my ears. It was only for a few seconds, the lyrics about 'going down the steps on a white line' was the part that I heard. Then I see (in my mind's eye) a bright blue orb zoom up beside me on the left, and it hovered above me. I then began to clairaudiently/telepathically hear him. I knew exactly who it was because of the song.  He had finally revealed his real identity to me.  

His voice was thin, desperate and kind of panicky, nervous. He was wary of me and spoke fast. He was asking for help.  I told him I would help him and tried to calm him down. I asked him a couple questions about where he was and he didn't seem entirely happy.  I sent him love. He wasn't very open and he left abruptly after a couple minutes. I think I overwhelmed him a bit and he was freaked out at trying to talk to me. It was a big step for him to reach out. Thankfully, I was able to hit the ground running with him because of my previous experiences.

He came closer to me over the next few days as we communicated more and we trusted each other more.  After a couple of days, I started to sense much deeper parts of him.  I felt who he was as a person and as an artist. It was like he was baring his soul to me. I was stunned. I also started feeling the sweet, funny, silly side of him. That was all new to me, if you remember what I felt at the concert.  He told me that he was another one of my spirit guides.  We quickly developed a bond with each other and the energy was super intense and beautiful. That period was one of the most beautiful spiritual times in my life. I'd never felt energy like his before.  He was magnetic and I literally felt like a fly in a tractor beam when he was around.  

 Not going to lie, he scared me a little and made me feel unsettled at first, because I was still sensing some of the dark energy from his journey on him I guess. He later showed me that he was able to shed that darkness, was in the right place in the spirit world and was OK.  

A few weeks after this started, I got the urge to look through my old writings on my computer. I found the old short story I talked about in the last chapter. As I was re-reading it, I couldn't believe it!  Everything clicked and I finally realized who the 'mystery man' was!  Oh My God, that was YOU! I told him in amazement. He just laughed because he thought it was funny that he had kept me in the dark about it for so long.  The story was only half written at that point and he teased me and told me we needed to finish the story.  I wasn't sure how that would work, but he made it very easy and we did finish it. 

My life changed a lot for the better after he showed up.  My husband at the time and I separated amicably, because we knew we wanted different things in life.  I started dating again and Layne would sometimes warn me about certain creepy guys, to be careful and things like that.   I finally met my next husband and he was a great match for me in so many ways.   We got married a few years later and I had the kid I'd been dreaming about having for the last 20+ years.   I also got in touch with my artistic side.  I taught myself jewelry making and started my own business.  My artistic journey is still unfolding and I'm learning to paint now.   Of course, I'm all the while being pulled back into doing spiritual work, which this writing is a part of.  

Layne is an enigma. Being able to communicate with him is so humbling and beautiful. I often wonder what I ever did to deserve to be in his presence like this. He was around strongly for roughly a year, then he would only pop in here and there for a couple of years. After that he was gone.  He said he wouldn't be around for too long, and not to get too used to or attached to him. He still isn't one to be pinned down if he doesn't want to be.