Butterflies Pt.2

~False alarm kids. That boy I was talking about previously wasn't for me. I'll continue to fall for the fictional boys though❤️ Enjoy.

Warning: A tiny bit not G-rated. Proceed with caution.

At this point, I was certain Colson could feel my erratically beating heart against his chest. His arms held loosley around my waist while his stubbled cheeks pressed against mine.

I could tell he was sniffing my hair since his nose was stuffed in a large bush of it and I felt every not-so-subtle inhale. "Have I ever told you how good you smell?"He almost whimpered into my hair, inhaling so deeply that if it wasn't for the laws of science, I would all but vaporize through his nostrils.

Please, I was struggling to contain my grin. " A few times." Falling deeper into his embrace, I forced myself not to squeeze the lanky boy so tight. So tight, he'd automatically know just how much he meant to me in this moment.

The scenery got even more breathtaking as it slowly faded to sunset. Wind so crisp against my cheeks, the smell of flowers delighting my nostrils and a boy the right amounts of cozy snuggled up against me fulfilled all my sensory desires.

"Well you smell gorgeous." He chuckled out, maybe tickled by the wording he used.

I pushed him back to arms length, just so I could catch that smile. He's the gorgeous one. "Goof."

Colson looked at me the way he does again. "You love it."

Damn right I do.

It was nearly half an hour later when Colson and I were perched on a white sheet filled with cold pizza, sandwiches, iced tea and chips

It was nearly half an hour later when Colson and I were perched on a white sheet filled with cold pizza, sandwiches, iced tea and chips. He'd loaded everything quickly from the van, excitedly showing me all the things that Lucy had made and all the stuff he'd 'helped' with. It was beautiful and the gesture didn't fail to warm my heart. If this was going to be my first date- date, it was perfect.

It was the right amount of windy, as the weather subtly tussled my hair.

The the position we were seated in reminded me of all the times we we would sit behind the old house. Only the scenery was way more gorgeous and it smelled so earthy and grassy and real.

Colson read to me. As he usually did. When he wasn't reading his poems to me, the sweet boy would share with me the compilations of love letters he'd found fascinating.

He said they remind him that love does exist and that literature (apart from music) was the purest form of romance.

The boy read the ending of Jonny Cash's love letter written for June Carter in 1994, the most subtle but pretty grin on his cheeks.

My ears tingled at the sound of his voice resonating from his larynx. The admiration was thick. "But once in awhile, like today, I meditate on it and realize how lucky I am to share my life with the greatest woman I ever met. You still fascinate and inspire me. You influence me for the better. You're the object of my desire, the #1 Earthly reason for me existence. I love you very much." His eyes rose from his journal to look at me and I couldn't help losing myself for the millionth time in how gorgeous they were.

"Beautiful." I definitely meant the poem too.

"Quite." He smiled at me with those damned eyes before he shuffled closer to me. My head fell to his shoulder almost instinctively .The sun was slowly going down and I tried to bask in the beauty of it all. " I absolutely cannot wait to leave my wife random love letters. She will never forget just how deeply and violently I love her. I wouldn't dare."

My heart skipped a beat. Why did I feel like she is supposed to me?

I sobered. "Letters alone won't do the job. Words can only do so much."

Colson chuckled causing my head to shake with his shoulders. He slipped his arms slickly around my waist, feeling at the fabric of my dress before pulling me in a tad bit closer. I could hear the cricket's symphony by this time as the wind picked up against the grass. "Well, that is entirely true. I promise to show her how much I love her twice as much as I tell her."

"How do you plan on doing that?" My head rose from his shoulder and I looked at him now in a teasing manner.

His eyes darken, as if taking on the challenge. He turned to me this time, probably preparing to school me on a few things. " Nina honey -"

I was right.

"My wife might as well be royalty. She'll never touch doors or a handle. Hell, if I could prevent her feet from touching the ground I will. And when it does? I'll kiss every squared kilometer."

I smirked. Lucky gal.

" And what else?"

"I'll make sure she's always happy and full. I'll learn how to cook just so she doesn't need to touch a stove if she doesn't want to."

"Now that's just spoiling her."

"Rotten." I could tell he meant every word.

"That's never good. She'll become complacent."

He smirked at me, eyes hooded. " Eh. I'll just fuck the complacency right out of her."

I choked on air. Woah.

He cackled. "You okay there?"

I gathered myself quickly, fighting to appear composed by casually chucking a piece of strawberry into my mouth. " I'm fine." I choked out.

Colson watch me as I did this. So intensely, I could feel my heart rate pick up. " And you know what else?"

I cleared my throat as I finished slowly chewing to avoid choking and hacking to death. " What-"

Before the words could leave my mouth, Colson's hand had already gently caressed the side of my neck and his lips were on mine.

Oh my God.

And though I've never been kissed a day in life, it would be hard to believe how fast I kissed that wretched boy back. My fingers found themselves tangled in the mane of hair at the back of his neck as my lips moved effortlessly against his.

I could hear him pant. I could hear my heart hammering against my chest. But I lost all sense of hearing when the boy gently tipped me on my back and his tongue slipped into my mouth. The butterflies were doing backflips and breakdancing in my stomach.

Gosh. This was perfect.

Colson rested his upper body on mine, while his lower laid on the sheet beside me. I liked the weight of his body surprisingly. And they way he smelled? Lord.

I squeezed the boy closer to me as the kiss continued. His tongue moved in a way that sent electricity up my spine. I was certain I couldn't walk. They were jelly now. He groaned when I attempted to mimic his tongue movements before squeezing my waist and almost reluctantly pulling away with a goofy smile.

His eyes darkened. "I was going to say, I'd kiss her senseless every chance I got but I thought it would be easier to demonstrate."

I was grinning stupidly too now.

Oh my God.

Lovely seeing you here💚