Guilt Overload

Kendall hadn't left her room since Jonathan dropped her off at her home after the morgue

Kendall hadn't left her room since Jonathan dropped her off at her home after the morgue. She felt guilty. Guilty that she had fallen asleep when she was supposed to stay awake to see her brother get home the night he went missing. Guilty that she got to live longer than he did. Guilty that she got to have her first kiss, her first day of high school, homecoming, prom and Marcus was dead.

A small knock on Kendall's door made her look up from her bed. "Come in." Kendall said quietly and the door slowly opened, revealing Jonathan. He sent her a small smile as he walked in. closing the door behind him.

"Lena said you haven't come out of your room since I dropped you off." Jonathan said and Kendall shrugged, hugging her pillow. "It's no big deal."

Jonathan sighed, walking over to sit on the foot of the bed across from her. "Kenny, you can't do this to yourself. You can't lock yourself in your room. I mean... Have you eaten?" Jonathan asked softly and Kendall kept her eyes on her bedsheets, making Jonathan sigh.

He slowly scooted closer to her, cupping her face to make her look up. "I know you feel bad about Marcus. But it's not your fault. You have to live for him. You have people that care about you that can't lose you too."

Kendall slowly looked up to Jonathan's eyes. She felt her heart in her ears at how close their faces were. Jonathans breath hitched before he rubbed the pad of his thumb on her cheekbone. "I care about you."

Kendall stared into Jonathan eyes with wide eyes. Jonathan stared right back at Kendall, feeling himself slowly leaning closer.

Helena knocked on Kendall's door, making Jonathan jump away from Kendall just as she walked in. "Jonathan, Sweetie... you father called. He said there's an appointment to look for caskets you have to get to?"

Jonathan quickly nodded, looking down at his watch before looking back up at Helena. "Uh... Yeah. I should get going."

Kendall felt her heart drop slightly as Jonathan stood up. "Can I come?" Kendall asked, sitting up slightly, making

Jonathan freeze. He looked down at Kendall before turning to Helena, almost as if asked if it was okay a the woman just smiled, nodding. Jonathan cleared his throat, nodding. "Uh... Yeah. Come on."

...

"It's made of soft wood with a crepe interior. Uh, now, I... I don't know what your budget is, but over here, we... we have copper and bronze." The man working at the store said and Jonathan nodded at his words as Kendall stayed still.

Noticing someone out of the corner of her eyes, Kendall slowly turned her head and felt herself grow slightly angry at Nancy Wheeler walking in. Nancys eyes locked on Kendalls, making the Wheeler girl freeze as Kendall squeezed Jonathan's hand.

Jonathan slowly turned his head to see what was wrong and scrunched his face at Nancy. "Can you give us a second?" Jonathan asked the man and he quickly nodded, walking away, leaving Kendall and Jonathan to walk towards Nancy.

Jonathan looked at Kendall for a few seconds and once he realized Kendall wasn't going to say anything to Nancy he sighed, turning to the Wheeler girl. "Hey."

"Hey." Nancy replied awkwardly before turning to Kendall. "Your grandma, um... she said you'd be here. I just... Can we talk for a second?" Kendall sighed, shrugging, making Nancy let out a small breath of relief as she led the two teens to a bench in the hall.

"When Steve ripped up the photos, I grabbed a ton of them and glued them back together. And Insaw this behind Barb." Nancy said, pulling a tapped photo out of her bag and handing it to Jonathan. "Could that be something from maki the photo? Or was there something there?"

Kendall looked over Jonathan's shoulder to see the photo. Jonathan scooted closer to her to make it easier to see as he sighed. "It looks like it could be some kind of perspective distortion, but I wasn't using the wide angle. I don't know. It's weird." He mumbled before turning to Kendall. "You done?"

Kendall squinted at the photo for a few more seconds before nodding, making Jonathan hand the photo back to Nancy.

"And you're sure you didn't see anyone else out there?" Nancy asked. "No." Kendall mumbled, catchy Nancy's by surprise that she talked. "And she was there one second and then, um..." "Gone. We figured she bolted." Jonathan continued for Kendall.

"The cops think that she ran away. But they don't know Barb. And I went back to Steve's... and I thought I... saw something. Some... weird man or... I don't know what it was." Nancy said as Kendall stared at the ground and Jonathan looked at the coffins.

Nancy sighed, shaking her head as she started to stand up. "I'm sorry. I... I shouldn't have come here today and I definitely shouldn't have come to you about it. I've done enough to you." Nancy said to Kendall, making gn her slowly look up at her. Nancy shook her as soon as Kendall eyes met hers, turning to walk away as she mumbled apologizes.

"What'd he look like?" Kendall asked, standing up from the bench to follow Nancy. Jonathan looked at Kendall with wide eyes before standing up beside her.

"What?" Nancy asked quietly, making Kendall sigh that she had to speak again. "This man you saw in the woods. What'd he look like?"

Nancy opened and closed her mouth in shock before shrugging. "I don't know. It was almost like he... he didn't have-" "Didn't have a face?" Jonathan asked, making Nancy freeze, looking at the two with wide eyes. "How did you two know that?"

...

Kendall watched Jonathan develop the photos with furrowed brows, she slowly looked up at him with a scrunched face. "And you're..." "Brightening. Enlarging. I mean... come on, Kenny. We went over this already." Jonathan chuckled out, making Kendall smile slightly.

"Did your mom say anything else? Like, um, where it might have gone to?" Nancy asked and Jonathan shook his head. "No, just that it came out of the wall." Jonathan answered as the machine beeped.

"Now... How long does this take?" Kendal asked as she rested her head on Jonathan's Jonathan dropped the picture into a liquid. "Not long." Jonathan mumbled, making Kendall sigh, resting her elbow on the table and her head in her hand. Jonathan turned to her and smiled. Kendall smiled at Jonathan, feeling a small flutter in her chest.

Nancy gasped, knocking the two out of the trance as she stared at the photo. "That's it. That's what I saw."

Jonathan stared at the photo in shock as Kendall stared at the creature behind Barbara. "My mom... I thought she was crazy 'cause she said... that's not Marcus Will's body. That they're alive."

"And if they're alive..." Kendall breathed out. Nancy's eyes went wide at what Kendall was saying, turning to her. "Then Barbara." "She could still be alive." Kendall breathed out, a small smile on her face.

–JENDALL JENDALL JENDALL JENDALL  JENDALL JENDALL

JENDALL JENDALL JENDALL

kenny is slowly starting to tolerate nancyyyy