Heart-Shaped Halloween

Jonathan had never laughed harder in his life then he did when he pulled up to the Rogers' home Halloween morning

Jonathan had never laughed harder in his life then he did when he pulled up to the Rogers' home Halloween morning. The sight of Kendall chasing Marcus around their lawn; Kendall holding a camera and Marcus, sadly picking the short end of the straw in his group, was wearing a sailor costume, trying to be the marshmallow man from The Ghostbusters.

"Come on! Let me get a photo!" Kendall screamed and the Byers boy could almost instantly hear a high-pitched "No!" from Marcus, only making him laugh harder, neither of the Rogers siblings noticing him yet.

While laughing, Jonathan reached into his bag that was at the foot of the passenger seat and pulled out his camera. He leaned over slightly to get the two in the camera frame before snapping the photo, finally catching the twos attention.

Jonathan, still laughing, looked up at the teens, waving the camera around slightly. "I got it!" He said, making Kendall laugh almost evilly, pointing at her brother.

She gave him a big, over-exaggerated hug that Marcus playfully groaned at before Kendall let go, handing him her camera incase he wanted to take pictures during his day at school.

With that, Kendall sped down her driveway, towards Jonathans car, reaching into her backpack in her hands and pulling out a pair of heart shaped sunglasses.

"Oh no..." Jonathan mumbled at the sight of Kendall. The Rogers girl laughed as she ran towards the car. "You said I shouldn't dress up. Sunglasses are fine." Kendall cheered as she hopped into the car, pushing the heart shaped glasses up on the bridge of her nose. She turned to Jonathan and smiled. "Happy Halloween!"

Jonathan felt a small smile paint his lips before grabbing the top of Kendall's head to have her face front. "Happy Halloween, Kenny."

Kendall let out a small laugh as the boy started to drive before she turned to him. "We're going to the party, right?"

Jonathan looked at Kendall in a slight shock before turning back to the road. "I thought we were going trick or treating with the boys." Kendall rolled her eyes, taking off her sunglasses, and turning to Jonathan. "The boys will be fine. Let's party!"

Jonathan sighed, pulling  up to the school whilst sending the Rogers girl and warning look. "We'll see." Kendall let out a playful scoff as he parked the car, shaking her head as she got out. "If you say no, you are dropped from my best friend pedestal."

Jonathan scoffed, turning to her as he drove. "And who's gonna take my spot? Our junior friend? Or your thirteen year old brother?" He asked, referencing Nancy and Marcus. Kendall pursed her lips, putting her hand on her chin as if she were thinking before turning to Jonathan.