Goddamn Smithereens

Nancy was 30 minutes late to be at Kendalls house to finalize last touches for their plan to take down Hawkins lab

Nancy was 30 minutes late to be at Kendalls house to finalize last touches for their plan to take down Hawkins lab. Kendall dialed the Wheeler home and to her surprise, Nancy answered.

Kendall sighed in relief when she heard Nancy's "hello?" through the phone.

"Where the hell are you? Jonathan should be here any minute." Kendall whisper yelled, not wanting to wake up her grandma or her brother.

"My mom won't let me leave! She said something about a mom and daughter day." Nancy said and Kendall pressed her hand to her forehead, sighing. "She has another daughter." Kendall said and Nancy laughed out a scoff.

"Hollys a toddler. She's not gonna talk about boys with my mom." Nancy defended and Kendall rolled her eyes, scoffing at Nancy's response.

"Oh, come on. Holly made fun of me for not having a boyfriend the last time I came over." Kendall said before a loud honk from the road made Kendall look out her kitchen window. When she saw Jonathans car pulled up in front of her house, she sighed. 

"I have to go. Jonathans here." Kendall said and she heard Nancy let out a worried "good luck" before Kendall hung up on her. She ran to the living room, grabbing the prepped and packed bag.

As Kendall walked out to the car, she could see Jonathan watching her with a "what the hell?" look but she ignored him and opened the back doors, throwing her bag in the back before going into the passenger seat.

"Where's Nancy?" Jonathan asked as soon as the door shut. Kendall shook her head, waving him off tiredly. "She couldn't get passed her parents. Which I don't know how with all those escape routes that big house has." Kendall said and Jonathan sighed, looking forward.

"Okay. Okay." He muttered before he turned to Kendall, his brows raised. "Did you see Marcus or your Grandma?" Jonathan asked and Kendall shook her head quickly, as if it's help her get rid of nerves.

"I left a note on the fridge. They were both asleep." Kendall said before she turned to Jonathan, her eyebrows raised. "You?"

Jonathan bit his lip as he tapped his steering wheel. "Same." He said, turning to Kendall. Kendall nodded, taking a deep breath of confidence. "Let's go." She said, turning her nervous expression into a small smirk. Jonathan smiled at the smirk on her face. He nodded his head and turned back to the road. "Let's go."

...

The only sound that could be heard around Jonathan and Kendall was the sound of Kendall's bracelets bouncing against her wrist from her leg bouncing. She looked around at the people around her before she looked down her wrist not resting on her thigh to look at her watch. She trilled her lips and looked back up.

"It's 15 past." She quickly said and Jonathan sighed, rubbing his nervous palms against his jeans. "Yeah I know, Just give them time."

While looking around the park, Kendall's eyes fell on a man, reading  newspaper alone and under one of the bungalows. Kendall thought nothing of it but just as she started to turn her head away from the man, she saw him point his into his shoulder and speak.