Chapter 6 - Toboe

Kiba smiled. "There's no need for formalities, young wolf. We are all equal here."

Alanna smiled but didn't look up, she kept her head down. I laughed softly at her, she was clearly getting nervous. It made me wonder if she'd ever been around people too. She said she'd never met another wolf before meeting us, did she ever interact with more than one human at a time? As i thought about it, my arm, as if on it's own accord, snaked it's way around her slowly. Before it got very far, she laughed at me and grabbed hold of my arm from behind her back, pulling my arm the rest of the way so it would rest on her hip. Everyone noticed and i felt the heat rise in my cheeks ever so slightly. Blue and Hige were human again and had ended up standing in front of us, Blue was giving Hige a knowing smile and i blushed harder thankful that Alanna had her head down and could not see my expression.

She didn't seem to notice them as she side-stepped closer to me. Once she was flush against my side with her own, i felt the fire once more. The beautiful heat that came from her as she turned into me, resting her head under my chin and wrapping her arms around me. I tightened my hold on her, wanting to be closer to her. I felt her take a deep breath and smiled. Having her in my arms felt right.

The meeting ended up consisting of me cuddling with Alanna while we stood. The pack was asking her non-stop question after question. Things like where she was from, how she got here, and of course the following questions would be to expand on the previous ones. She would answer each question but i could feel her exhastion grow every hour. Eventually i was the only thing keeping her from being a heap on the ground. 

At that point, i picked her up again. The pack were all heading home for the night, and i figure, since Alanna was basically sleeping from the moment i picked her up and held her right, that i would take her home and tuck her into bed. I wouldn't change her clothes because that would be wrong of me.

Once i got her into bed, i realized that if i left her alone she'd panic in the morning about how she got home. So i decided to camp out on her couch.

I woke up to Alanna shaking me. 

"Toboe.." She whispered. "Toboe.. Wake up..." 

I opened my eyes and found that her face was right above my own..

"Good you're awake." She whispered once more. "Then maybe you won't mind.. If i do.. this." The last word was really soft and i realized in wonder that her face was moving closer to mine. And then, she was kissing me, and i was kissing her back. 

"Toboe!" I heard a voice shout in the distance but i couldn't pay attention to it, i was enjoying myself.

"TOBOE!" The voice screamed louder. My eyes shot open and i realized Alanna was at the end of the couch. She looked alittle miffed at me. Hadn't we just been..? But then how did she get there..? I nearly face-palmed myself when i realized i had been dreaming. Do i really like her that much?

"Thank you for bringing me home last night, but why did you stay here?" She asked, snapping me out of my thoughts. Her expression had softened and she had moved to sit in the arm chair at that end of the couch.

"I stayed so you wouldn't panic about how you got home last night.. You kinda passed out in my arms." I tell her softly, wishing my dream hadn't been a dream but reality. I knew better than that though. Alanna wouldn't be the type of girl to jump so quickly to do something like that, she had only met me yesterday after all. 

"Oh." She said, sounding like she hoped it would have been something different. "Well, thank you." 

"You're welcome." I said, smiling and sitting up. "If you'd like me to leave now, i will." I said softly, half hoping she wouldn't hear me and i could stay.