Chapter 5 - Alanna

"Table for two?" The lady asked from behind the desk. 

I hadn't noticed her till she spoke. I was watching Toboe, wondering why he brought me to such a nice place. I looked to her, about to answer when Toboe beat me to it.

"Yes, please." He said polietly. I was again watching him. This time though, he caught me. "What?" He asked softly. I couldn't answer him, i was too embarrased by being caught. I felt the heat rise in my cheeks and knew i was blushing as i looked down at my feet.

"Nothing..." I trailed, not trusting my voice to say much else.

"Sure." He said sarcastically. 

I glanced at him from the corner of my eye, to see that he was blushing as well. I heard the lady giggle at us, and knew what she found amusing. We looked like a new couple out on our first date. The thought alone made me want and wish it to be so. The lady, whose name we never got, led us to a table at the back window in the right hand corner of the resteraunt. She placed our menues down on the table and moved away so we could sit. She watched us as we did so. Then once we were seated, she bowed her head and walked off, still giggling like a school girl. 

"What was that about?" Toboe asked.

"I think she's laughing at us...." Was my glorious answer. Ugh! Duh. Of course she's laughing at us! You idiot! Say something better! 

Through my whole internal battle i continued to look down. I could feel him watching me and tried to meet his gaze.. Which i did, for a second. Before becoming embarased again and looking down. Heat spreading through my cheeks once again. I couldn't believe all the stupid things i've been saying! Ugh! Me and my big mouth! 

"We are pretty funny." He said, still watching me.

"How?" I aksed. I looked up at him now. Confidence back in place. I knew how. Just like i also knew he was baiting me, not that i cared. It was an easy conversation starter. By the look on his face, i'd say he thinks i haven't noticed his tricks. Think again little wolf. I nearly laughed at the thought, but kept my face straight.

"We just are." He shrugged. I glared playfully at him, the decided it was time to give the menue a look. I picked it up and looked it over. Noticing the prices were all out of my range. I started groaning at the menue.

"I can't afford any of this." I stated, putting the menue back on the table. 

"I offered to pay earlier. The offer still stands." He stated flawlessly. I looked at him for a second. Damn him! He did this on purpose! 

"You did this on purpose. Didn't you?" I tried not to yell, my voice coming out very accusationary.

"Yeah." He said and looked down. I rolled my eyes at him.

"If you wanted to pay so badly, you should have just said." I said happily. I smiled slightly at him, deciding my next move. He looked up at me, not suspecting a thing. "Do you have a budget?" I questioned.

"Not really. I've earned enough for anything on the menue, twice over." He said proudly.

"Well then..." I trailed off, my plan failing as i picked up the menue again. Looking it over i stated, "I'll have the Lobster with a salad and stake." Dropping the menue i added, "Medium Rare."

"Then you shall have it." He nodded at me. I gawked at him for a minute when he smiled. I straightened up and tried my best to be confident again. I knew i had failed when i felt the blush cover my face. I refused to look down this time though. I held his gaze, nearly getting lost in his eyes.

The waitress came back soon after we started our staring match. When i noticed her there i couldn't help the blush that formed. I looked down at my lap, too embarrassed to speak to her. I heard Toboe making my order for me, and smiled slightly to myself. It was clear to me now that the waitress was flirting with him but i held my laughter. She left once more. I kept my silence till my food arrived, still trying not to laugh at her pathetic attempts at flirting with him.