Chapter 3 - Alanna

"Alanna?" Someone questioned his voice soft. I moaned again this time more yelpish, like someone stretching. I tired to open my eyes but they ended up fluttering. Then they opened. I looked at him full in the face, and whimpered. "A-are you in pain?" He stammered. I nodded my back really hurt, so did my stomach and my head. He grabbed a pillow from the end of the coach and fluffed it before putting it under my head with the other one. "Better?" He asked.

"Mmmmhmmm..." I murmmered. "H-how do you... know my name..." I tried to say but instead it came out as a squeak.

"Tsume told it to me. That's ok right?" He asked.

"Mmmhmmm.. Thanks for saving me..." I trailed off, i was really tired and just wanted to fall asleep.

"Alanna." He said sharpley. "Alanna, you need to stay awake. My jobs not complete until your fed. 'Cause i wouldn't have saved your life at all then. I just would have saved you from a terrible death. Now stay with me. Do not go back to sleep. If you do, you might not wake up again.

I opened my eyes and looked at him, then tried to sit up. It didn't work my body's not strong enough right now. He hooked his hands under my arms and lifted me to a sitting position, it actually didn't hurt. As he touched me it was like a fire spreading. It felt weird, but oddly good.

"Better?" He asked.

"I'd feel better with some food..."

"Tsume and Hige are on it. They should be back any minute."

"Hige...?" I asked. "Is he... A... Wolf?... Like you and I?...."

"Yes he is a wolf. Just like us. One of my -pack members even. And Blue's mate. I hear you've met Blue. Did you like her?"

"She was... Sweet.... She helped me pick out these pants... Hey.... Where'd this sweater come from... Ugh..." I winced from the heat of it, this heat did not feel good. "It makes me hotter.... Get rid of it!..." I tried to shout it, but it came out more as a pained squeak. He helped me get it off. He pulled it over my head and hands and as one sleeve came off, so did my bracelets. I shreaked for them and he snatched them before they hit the ground. He came back with them and put them back on my wrist and layed my hand on my stomach. As he did so Tsume and another wolf came running in, the other one must have been Hige but i don't know.

"We heard her yell." The one i didn't know said, "Is she all right?"

"She will be once she has the food from that bag," He -the one who save me- pointed to the bag in Tsume's hand.

Tsume walked over and gave the bag to me.

"You gave us quite the scare there, pup."

I looked at him and a smile lit in his eyes. " Thought i told you to call me by my given name?" I teased. It's just so fun to tease him!

"You did, and i have. But i found 'Pup' more suited to the sentience."

I laughed and ripped open the bag nearly toppling a burger to the floor. He caught it and lifted it to my hand. I tore off the package and tore into the burger.

"Will the burger and fries be enough?" The one i didn't know asked.

"Probably not. But it should be enough so we can take her out to a restaurant and get her a 3 course meal."

"Do you have the money for that, runt? 'Cause we sure don't." Tsume said.

"Of course i do. If i didn't i wouldn't have offered."

"Hey, guys? That's really sweet and all. But I've already had you pay for this," I pointed at the burger," And my apartment. I can pay my own way from here."

"You sure?" He asked.

"Of course. If you guys want to tag along to make sure i do, be my guest."

"Well if you've got everything under control then.. I guess I'll go back to work... Or should i let Kiba know first?" The one i didn't know looked to Tsume.

"Do whatever you want, Porky. But i have work to do as well. So I'll see you both at the meeting tonight?"

I felt my face and eyes light up with excitement.

"Sure. I'll bring her." He said.

"Alright then. See you then." And with that the two left.

"It's all right that i stay with you right?" He asked. " You don't mind?"

"Of course not. You saved my life. Twice. I won't soon forget that."

"Alright," He said. I couldn't hide my smile. He was just so nice it made me smile. Not to mention he's cute. I noticed he was smiling back at me. Hopefully that meant this crush was not one sided.

"So whats your name anyways?" I asked, truly curious.

"Name?.. Oh! My name's Toboe." He stammered and then smiled.

"And the one i didn't recognize?"

"Thats Hige. Sorry we didn't introduce ourselves."

"It's okay." I said and smiled. I finished off the burger and started in on the fries, eating them four at a time.

"Wow." Toboe said.

"What?" I asked confused.

"It's just that..." He rubbed the back of his neck. "I've never seen a girl eat like that.."

"It's cause i haven't eaten in two," I looked outside, "Three days."

"Well.. No, of course i knew that.. But it's still....." He trailed off looking for the right word.

"Freaky?" I asked.

"Huh? Oh no. i was thinking more like... Fascinating..."

I laughed. "Fascinating? Really? Is that the best you can do?"

He laughed too. "I guess so."

I finished my fires and stood up already feeling stronger, to test it i left hooked the air. Everything seemed to be working, i could talk and i had full body movement. I could feel the complaint from my body though. Already it was screaming for release. I wasn't sure if it was the full moon or the fact that i had only just eaten for the first time in three days. I looked back to Toboe who was smiling brightly at me.

"So, wanna show me the town, Handsome?" I asked, feeling cocky.

He looked startled then laughed. "Sure, Little wolf." He replied.

"Little Wolf?" I asked, confused.

"Yeah, Little Wolf. It's what i called you when we first met. Before i knew your name. Didn't think you'd remember, considering you were passing out in my arms."

I blushed. In his arms?! Jeez. My body has a few things to learn about where to pass out.

"Shall we?" He asked as he offered me his arm.

I laughed. "We shall." And with that i took his arm and we headed out into the late afternoon.