Chapter 4 - Toboe

I took her to the nicest restaurant in town. I knew she wouldn't be able to afford it. I just really wanted to pay for her meal. She was so cute when she told us no, but i really wanted her to like me. So I took her to the one place in town she'd never be able to pay for. As we walked into the restaurant I heard her gasp. The walls were painted nicely, in a beautiful shade of blue. The furniture matched the walls almost completely. They were all booths. The tables were mahogany wood and beautifully polished. The floors were a shade of gold, also were pathed with a darker shade of blue carpet. The front desk which we were now walking to was also mahogany wood and rounded into a cresent moon. We walked up to the smiling lady, standing on the other side of the desk.

"Table for two?" She asked.

"Yes, please." I said. I looked down at Alanna to find her openly watching me. "What?" I asked. She blushed and looked down.

"Nothing...." She trailed.

"Sure." I said and blushed as well. The lady giggled at us and led us to a table at the back window in the right corner of the establishment. She placed our menues down on the table and moved away so we could sit. She bowed her head and walked away still giggling like a school girl. "What was that about?" I asked Alanna.

"I think she's laughing at us..." She trailed off again. I was looking at her and she tried to meet my eyes but imedatly she blushed and looked down again. I'm not sure what she's on about, but i think it has something to do with her comment before we left Tsume's appartment.

"We are pretty funny." I said and shook my head, trying to keep a straight face.

"How?" she demanded and finaly she looked me in the eye. I was baiting her and she hadn't noticed.

"We just are." I shrugged trying to keep composure. If i laugh she'll stop looking at me, i told myself over and over again. She glared playfully at me before picking up her menue and opening it. I left mine on the table. I wasn't hungry. I ate only a few hours ago. She started moaning at the menue.

"I can't afford any of this." She stated aand dropped the menue.

"I offered to pay earlier. The offer still stands." I stated cleanly, trying not to smile at her. She looked at me for a second, then realisation hit her.

"You did this on purpose. Didn't you?" She accused.

"Yeah." I said and looked down, ashamed. I could feel her looking at me.

"If you wanted to pay so badly, you should have just said." She states happily. I look up at her to notice her gaze had softened and she was slightly smiling at me. "Do you have a budget?" She asked.

"Not really. I've earned enough for anything on the menue, twice over." I stated proudly.

"Well then..." She trailed off picking up the menue again and looking it over. "I''ll have the Lobster with a salad and stake." She said dropping the menue back on the table. "Medium rare."

"Then you shall have it." I nodded at her. I smiled. Only a wolf would be so confident about so much food. She's so cute when she does the whole cliché confidence thing. She blushed again at me, but this time didn't look down. She held my gaze, and I was defiantly getting lost in her eyes. I was finally feeling a little confident but I doubt it'll last long. She makes me so girly. 

We were like that till the waitress came to take our orders. Alanna blushed more when she realised the girl was there, and looked down unable to speak. So i made her order for her to the waitress and the nice lady took off again. There was a comfortable silence till Alanna's food got here. When it did, she slowly ate it while staring at me.