Chapter 9 - Alanna

"Can you smell that?" Kiba asked in a small voice.

Tsume and Hige sniffed the air. "Yeah," they said in unison.

Tobow sniffed too, "It smells like flowers." He said.
All four of the boys looked at each other at the same time, "Cheza!" They all said in unison as they smiled.

"The flower maiden?" Blue asked.

"Yeah." Hige said, turning to her, still smiling.

Whoever the hunter is, though i'm sure i know him, he must have brought Cheza - The Flower Maiden with him. Suddenly the boys stopped smiling. Kiba's face turned grim.

"She's bait." He whispered.

Shit. This isnt good. Toboe looked back to me and tried to smile but i could tell this hurt him. It hurt all of them. In an instant, my fear dissolved. I need to be strong for them. I felt white hot rage bubble in my stomach. This man. This hunter was hurting my new pack. My new boyfriend. I wont stand for it.

Blue and I seemed to growl at the same time.

"Whoever he is, he's dead. For hurting you. For hurting them." I pointed to the pack, my gaze on Toboe's. "For hurting her." I snarled.

Toboe looked shocked for a moment before agreeing with me.

We all looked to Kiba for orders. "We'll get close, find where she is. Then we'll split up in a large circle around her. We'll come in on all sides. Find the hunter. Dont kill him. I want to talk to him." The last bit left Kiba's mouth in a snarl. We nodded and set out, following her sweet scent.

After an hour of following her scent we found where she was being held. It was just her in the middle of another plaza. She was sat on the ground, hands in her lap by her feet. No doubt she was tied, there was a coat drapped over them like she was cold; but the sun was out and even though it wasn't a warm day she wouldnt be even slightly cold. She's a flower. If the sun is out, they're warm. We stopped once we saw her. We were still hidden and moved to make our large circle. We knew that it would take Tsume at least half an hour to reach his mark because of the paths he'll have to take. So once in position i waited the last few minutes out. I stood on my own, Toboe in a simular situation on the other side of the plaza just as far from it as i am. I wonder if he's worried about me. After the way I've been acting today, I'd be worried about me. Though i am still slightly scared because im sure i know the hunter, im not going to let that stop me from protecting my new home. He will pay for this.

As the last minute ticked off in my head, i started the walk to Cheza. The whole way there i sniffed and looked for the hunter but got nothing. No sign of him on my end. I reached Cheza first. As i was supposed to. I had volunteered to be our bait. I stopped at the edge of the plaza. It was empty besides her. I slowly walked to her, drawing out the motions as i did. The first shot rang out and missed me. Hiting a statue behind me instead. I twisted in the directon the bullet came from. I could hear, practically feel, the others racing towards the shooter. I couldnt see him but i knew he was hiding somewhere. Like a flash, Tsume ran into the plaza. His job was to get Cheza to safety. However, the minute he hefted her up, a bullet hit him in the shoulder. I growled in the direction of the shooter.

"Shoot here!" I yelled. "Shoot at the easy target! !" I waved my arms up and down to keep attention on me while Tsume gritted his teeth and picked Cheza up, slicing the rope and jacket with his claws in the process. Cheza said nothing though i knew she was awake. Tsume knew too, he just doesnt care. If she's silent it makes getting her away easier.
Away he ran and i bellowed at the shooter. Finally another shot rang out. Had i not turned on my heel to run across the plaza, i probably wouldn't even be standing now.
Another shot rang out as i reached the other side of the plaza. This one hit home. It dug itself in my torso and the momentum of the bullet knocked me into the ground. I didnt feel it right away. I was too shocked. Then came the pain. My desguise fell and i found myself lying on my belly in immense pain. I couldn't move. I dont want to move. Moving might rip the wound bigger or make me bleed faster. I heard the shot but never felt it. I tried to swing my big bead around but couldnt manage it. The pain chased every thought from my head. I felt strong arms lifting me and let sleep take me.