Chapter 17 New Arrival

Song Theme: Evanescence- Lithium (Piano Instrumental)

3rd's POV.

After Charlotte and Emanuel finished the piano duet, they looked at each other and smiled. Thoroughly enjoyed themselves from playing music together. Charlotte sighed and turned to her groom as he smiled at her. "You're not the only one who need to apologize. I'm sorry I yelled at you." She apologize in gloomy tone. "Don't worry about it. I deserve it. I was desperate after so long in the darkness, waiting for a miracle and don't have to be alone anymore. When we went to my old home and face with my brother, every word he said is true. I shouldn't broke my promise and your trust even though you tried to do the right thing. I was just afraid and upset if you choose Victor instead of me. I didn't want to be alone of pain with darkness again but it's no excuse for not letting you choose who you want to be with. If you want to go back to the land of living to be with him? I understand, I won't be in the way of your happiness." Emmanuel confessed in a sadness tone. She was speechless and didn't know what to say or what to think. All she did is gaze him with the memories coming back to her and realized what her decision. "It's true that you broke our promise but you also broke my trust and my heart. I was more hurt you choose her instead of me and without telling me face to face." She confessed, looking back at the piano with tears coming down. "I know that I'm really sorry, my love. I wish I could fix this and make it up to you." He felt bad, placing his bone hand on her cheek to wipe the tears coming down.

"I don't know if you can or not, Emmanuel

"I don't know if you can or not, Emmanuel. True to be told I do have feelings for Victor." She still confessed. He removed his hand and looked down with disappointment. "But not in the way I feel about you." She added, made Emmanuel face lift up with unexpected face look. "You mean you have more feelings for me than him?" He surprised, she nodded after looking back at him. "Of course I do, Emmanuel. You're my first love and husband, even though I'm still mad at you but I love you and that won't never change even you're alive or dead, I still love you." She responded, grinned with still tears. "I love you too, my dearest wife." He responded grinned back, leaning his forehead towards hers. "And I love you, my idiot and stubborn husband." She tease, chuckle. "I can live with that." He chuckle back.