Chapter 2 Beautiful Music

(Charlotte's Piano Music-Once Upon A December)

Victor's POV.

As I was getting ready for the wedding rehearsal till I hear a piano tunes from downstairs, I came out of my bedroom to check out whose playing, and it turned out to be Miss Charlotte Van Dort. She plays the piano so beautifully filled with happiness and enchanted melody then I feel something unusual feeling like my heart beating fast. I headed downstairs to take a closer look as she's still playing the beautiful melody, enjoying like her time of her life. Then I was behind her still watching until she finally noticed got startled, and she got up immediately knocking over the chair she was sitting on and stumbled.

 Then I was behind her still watching until she finally noticed got startled, and she got up immediately knocking over the chair she was sitting on and stumbled

Do forgive me.” She apologized with an embarrassed look. “You play beautifully.” I said. “I…I…I do apologize, Mister Everglot. I should've of asked first before I play. How rude of me…Well…” She stuttered with her cheeks being blush while she picked up the chair. She's so cute when she gets shy and the way she smiles, when I look at her, she's even more beautiful than I thought. “Mother won't let me near the piano. Music is improper for a young man. Too passionate, she says.” I said chuckle and she amused. “If I may ask…Mister Everglot…where is your chaperon?” She asked. “Perhaps, in… In view of the circumstances… you could call me Victor.” I respond softly as I came closer next to the piano. “Yes, of course, Victor.” She said nervously. “Yes, Charlotte?” I asked. “Tomorrow, we are to be m-m-m.” She stuttered. “Married.” I completed. “Yes, married.” She repeated. “Since I was a child, I was dreaming of my wedding day. I always hoped to find someone that I'm deeply in love with. Someone to spend the rest of my life with.” I confessed. “Silly, isn't it?” I asked. “No it isn't, It's nothing silly about married someone you love, especially when someone you love is in front of you the whole time.” She replied softly and smiled at me. Her words made me surprise with my heart beating faster more. Our hands brushed together softly on top of the piano's keyboard. “Charlotte, could you teach me how to play the piano after we get married?” I asked in stuttered and made her surprise. “I would love to, Victor.” She replied smile more, and I smile back as my hand tangled with hers together, and we looked at each other's eyes. When I look at her eyes, I am reminded of spring, I am reminded that there is still some hope left, and I cannot even imagine how she would look without those green eyes, or any other shade.

 When I look at her eyes, I am reminded of spring, I am reminded that there is still some hope left, and I cannot even imagine how she would look without those green eyes, or any other shade

"What impropriety is this?" My mother yelled. We we got startled, and immediately faced her. "You shouldn't be alone together! Here it is one minute before five, and you're not at the rehearsal!" She continued. "Pastor Galswells is waiting. Come at once." She informed and We went to the room and started the rehearsal.

Charlotte's POV.
As we arrived to the west drawing room and started the rehearsal, it took three hours and I still couldn't get my vows correct, due to my nervousness. "Mistress Van Dort! From the beginning...again!" Pastor Galswells yelled at me. "With this hand I will lift your sorrows. Your cup will be empty, for I will be your wine. With this candle, I will light your way in darkness. With this ring I ask you to be mine." The pastor repeated the vows. "Let's try it again." He said. "Yes, yes sir. With this candle... This candle... This candle..." I tried to light the candle but failed again. "Shall I get up there and do it for her?" My mother whispered to my father as I looked at them. "Don't get all aflutter, dear." My father whispered back then I looked at Victor's parents which it is a bad idea. "With this this candle..." I said after I looked back to the candle finally lighted but failed again. "Continue!" The Pastor yelled again. "Get the door, Emil." Mr. Everglot instructed the butler; Emil after the doorbell rang. "Let's just pick it up at the candle bit." Pastor Galswells instructed. Emil opened the door and came back with a business card. "A Lady Barkis, sir." Emil said to Mr. Everglot and handed him the card. Mr. Everglot inspected the card. Then a woman walked in, who I'm guess is Lady Barkis. "I haven't a head for dates. Apparently, I'm a day early for the ceremony." She said. Mrs. Everglot took the card and inspected it. "Is she from your side of the family?" Mr. Everglot asked Mrs. Everglot. "I can't recall." She replied. "Emil, a seat for Lady Barkis." Mrs. Everglot instructed Emil. Emil came in for a seat for Lady Barkis. "Do carry on." She said.

"Let's try this again, shall we

"Let's try this again, shall we. Mistress Van Dort?" Pastor Galswells instructed. "Yes, yes sir. Certainly." I responded and Victor lighted my candle and I still keeping fail. As I grab the ring that my father gave, and I accidentally dropped it. I chased after it, and landed underneath Mrs. Everglot's dress. I reached my hand down and grabbed it, but dropped the candle on the bottom of Mrs. Everglot's dress. "Outta of the way, you ninny." Mr. Everglot yelled and push me back. He started to step on the dress, hoping the fire would die down... It didn't... My mother was tried to used the fan but it didn't work either. "Stop fanning it, you fool." Mrs. Everglot yelled at my mother. Lady Barkis walked gracefully to Mrs. Everglot and poured her wine on Mrs. Everglot's dress to get rid of the fire and it work after she tossed the cup in the air and Emil catch it. "Enough! This wedding cannot take place until she's properly prepared." The pastor yelled. They all turned to me, and glared. "Young lady, learn your vows." He said in an intimidating deep voice. I panicked as I ran out of the room and the mansion, went to the bridge trying to calm down and needing fresh air.

 I panicked as I ran out of the room and the mansion, went to the bridge trying to calm down and needing fresh air