• ᴘʀᴏʟᴏɢᴜᴇ ɪ •

PROLOGUE 1
" the beginning „

  "IT'S OK my love," Euphemia cooed at her only daughter

  "IT'S OK my love," Euphemia cooed at her only daughter. James was the better sleeper out of the two although Jocelyn was better when conscious. Jocelyn had suffered from night terrors since she was an infant, as she grew up Fleamont and Euphemia assumed she would get better at sleeping, although that was very much the opposite.

Her nightmares got more personal and more realistic, making it even harder for Jocelyn to sleep and as a result, her parents.

Jocelyn finally stopped shaking and Euphemia slowly backed away from her daughter's pink room. She stopped to check on James, who was snoring softly, something he had gotten from his father. She smiled softly, realising how quickly they grew up.

She looked around his red and orange room, which was unevenly covered with Quidditch posters. At the age of 9, Jocelyn started complaining about how sexist and biased their rooms were based on their decorations, in response, Fleamont sighed and quietly prayed she wasn't a Ravenclaw.

And his prayer would soon be answered because as soon as Euphemia fell back asleep, it was the twins 11th birthday. Feeling as if she had been asleep for 10 minutes, she was awoken suddenly by a BOOM.

"UGH!"  Euphemia spat loudly. Both twins, scurried back to their separate rooms, snickering quietly. Whilst James was waiting for his mum to storm into his room irritatedly, he stared up at his poster-covered room, he felt that tingly, giddy feeling he only felt when his dad took them to Quidditch matches.

Jocelyn felt quite the opposite, she didn't have trouble making friends, no, not at all. Keeping them however was an issue. She stared up at her pink ceiling, going over the events that could take place over the next 24 hours. Jocelyn began to overthink.

James could get the letter and he could go without her. "That's ridiculous," she scoffed quietly to herself, what if they both go but he makes friends instantly and leaves her for his friends and he completely forgets their siblings until they go home and that happens over and over again until they graduate. And by that time James would've had like 18 girlfriends and 100s of friends and be well known and have amazing grades and... "stop," she whispered again.

She knew it was absolutely absurd and none of that could happen, then why did it still make her nervous?

"Jocelyn?" her mother finally spoke, breaking her out of her panicked mindset.

"Oh, hiya, mum," "Darling, you mustn't overthink." She spoke as if she read her daughter's thoughts, "Muuuum," Jocelyn whined.

Her mother gave her a stern look but it quickly changed to a sympathetic one."I know you're nervous," Jocelyn groaned in anticipation from the lecture, she had heard about a thousand times.