• ᴇɪɢʜᴛ •

" apologies „

TW: mentions of outing

"WE'RE GOING HARD and fast lads!" Mitchell yelled, pacing back and forth in front of his team. James and Sirius snickered not-so-quietly at the sexual innuendo. The blonde McKinnon boy was exhilarated for try-outs.

Last year's team was good but Mitchell needed to win, badly. The current team was good but the teamwork wasn't great.

Sirius and Marlene were currently Beaters and they worked fantastically together. Mitchell McKinnon, Malcolm McGonagall, and Cheryl Abbott played as Chasers. Jocelyn Potter was Keeper, whilst her twin brother either played as Seeker or Chaser.

The problem started by Jocelyn usually passing to Marlene, even when Sirius was the better option. Then after Cheryl and Marlene broke up in 4th year, they avoided each other at all costs. Sirius and James would often distract each other on the field and other times they would get extremely competitive towards each other and that was quite similar with the two Potters, who just wanted to one-up each other. Mitchell and Marlene would usually bicker, like siblings do, however she also very rarely listen to the captain, having very little respect for him. And poor Malcolm just wanted to play Quidditch.

But it was no matter because Mitchell saw 7 talented, hard-working, and passionate people who loved this sport as much as he did.

"Ok! We're gonna start training! So we're gonna do some drills. Everyone up, do 5 laps." They all stood up, walking towards their brooms, "sorry guys, no brooms." The team groaned but followed anyway.

Not many were watching the first training session of 1975 but those who were were happy to support their friends and team.

Lily, Remus, Peter, and Dorcas were watching from a distance, freezing their fucking asses off.

Since James and Sirius found out about Remus, they hadn't truly talked. Remus and Jocelyn became attached at the hip (more than previously) and both essentially ignored James and Sirius. James and Sirius tried to apologize any chance they could but were denied every attempt. Remus just wanted to forget everything and go back to normal, but Jocelyn insisted the silent treatment was necessary.

As the Gryffindor team ran, Marlene and Jocelyn chatted, well they tried to at least. Sirius continuously attempted to interrupt the duo, making up ridiculous excuses.

For his fourth and final attempt, the girl was interrupted by a young Sirius Black yelling, "Oh Godric! I've hurt my ankle! The only person who I will let help me is Jocelyn Potter!" In which Joss responded with, "cry about it Black, see what I care!"

Sirius groaned and began to create another scheme. "Alright lads, get your brooms, we're doing team drills!"

It was Sirius, James and Cheryl vs Jocelyn, Marlene and Malcolm.