• ᴇʟᴇᴠᴇɴ •

" george harrison and his guitar „

   JOCELYN FELT IDIOTIC, to say the least

   JOCELYN FELT IDIOTIC, to say the least. She sat outside the big dark, oak brown door, listening to Sirius's deep voice explain the trauma that he had just gone through. The girl continued to ridicule the poor boy about his home life and although she didn't know much about it, she couldn't help but feel the emotion of regret fall over her.

As the large door opened, Euphemia gently grasped her arm, "don't speak for too long, he's tired," she whispered. The girl nodded before going to knock on the door. She hesitated before tapping the door timidly.

"Hi." The door opened slightly. Sirius could only see half of Jocelyn, with the door covering the other half. She looked timid, almost shy. Which was a rare occurrence and might've scared Sirius more than anything that happened that night.

"You can come in, I'm not gonna bite," he smiled. She silently walked in, sitting opposite Sirius. The awkward silence radiated every which way. A straight line formed on Sirius's mouth as he sat up properly, his legs wide and his elbows leaning comfortably against them. His right leg bounced up and down dully. His fingers curled into each other professionally as his eyes darted in every direction except Jocelyn's.

Jocelyn, however, was looking directly at Sirius, guilt flooding her mind. She took a deep breath before saying; "I am so so so so sorry. I had no idea. If I knew that your family was like... that. I would never have brought it up. I only taunted you with it because I knew it pissed you off. I just- I feel terrible! Like I was rubbing it in your face or something! Again, If I even had an inkling that your family was like that I wouldn't have even mumbled a sentence about your parents. Godric, I cannot express how sorry I am, really, Sirius I-"

"Joyce! Chill out! It's ok! You didn't know and I didn't expect you to know, I'm just upset I didn't leave earlier."

Another beat of silence spread through the room like melted butter before, "are you missing anything? Did you leave anything at your house? Anything you need?"

Yeah, Regulus, "No, that's ok Joyce. Thanks though."

Sirius moved slightly, making the work of art his mother bestowed upon him the centre of Jocelyn's attention.

"Holy Merlins ear! Oh, your hair!" Joss covered her mouth in shock.

"Yeah..." Sirius chuckled awkwardly, not knowing what to say. "I-I can cut it for you... If you'd like." Jocelyn noticed Sirius hesitance before explaining, "I did James's and it doesn't look shit if I do say so myself. You can say no obviously! But I'm not going to bed yet and I'd be shocked if you can go to sleep right now and I totally understand if you don't trust me and I would say mum can do it but it just means you have to wait until the weekend because she's got Christmas dinner and the party and then she goes to work for a week and then its new years soooo."