• ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ •

CHAPTER 3
" nightmares, meetings and letters „

CHAPTER 3" nightmares, meetings and letters „

    tw: nightmare, death.

DORCAS MEADOWS LOVED each and everyone one of her friends.

Lily was kind and matched Dorcas's intelligence, Marlene was beautiful and hilarious, Alice was quirky and motherly and Jocelyn was spontaneous yet calm.

She loved all of her friends as much as she loved to sleep but being in a dorm with Jocelyn really made her question her love for her friends vs sleep.

Jocelyn was getting better but every now and again the girls would be awoken by crying, shaking, hyperventilating, screaming or even pacing.

"Lily," Dorcas whispered harshly, "Lily!" Lily was usually the one that took care of Joss when she was like this. Dorcas tried once but due to her insensitive humour and terrible comforting skills, both her Jocelyn got about 4 hours of sleep.

"Lily!" Dorcas threw a red and orange satin pillow at the gingers sleeping figure.

Lily glanced up. Her red waves were everywhere, each strand pointing in a different direction. Her emerald eyes met Dorcas's dark silhouette. Only being able to see the outline of her red, silk bonnet that was protecting her beautiful coils.

Lily looked questionably at her friend. Dorcas shook her bonnet towards the direction of Jocelyn, who was shaking as if she was having some kind of fit.

Lily sighed tiredly, as she tore the comforter off her body and walked over to the bed in the corner.

***

It always started the same. She was at home, making her bed. She looked around her room, spotting her favourite item she owns, her record player. She walked over to it, not expecting anything in it but there it was. A record of the Beatles hit single; Strawberry Fields Forever.

She placed the needle on the round disc and walked away as the eerie tune started playing.

She walked over to the door, opening it and stepping out of her childhood bedroom, she was no longer in the Potter Manor. She was currently standing in a different place.

It was a large black-bricked room. It was circular, a slight hill in the centre where a beam of light sat. Even though she knew she wasn't near her record player, she could still hear it in the distance:

Let me take you down
'Cause I'm going to Strawberry fields
Nothing is real
and nothing to get hung about,
Strawberry Fields Forever.