Chapter 11: A Dragon's Conflict

Narration

Hiccup and Toothless were given a task to capture the infamous Flightmare but little do they know someone was planning on killing it. The blood brothers surveyed the entire landscape, seeing lots of houses but no souls in sight. It is like a ghost town or a place for phantoms. Though Hiccup wanted to finsh his task first before going sight seeing. He took a glance again to the village and growled.

"Toothless..."

"Yes I smell blood and decayed corpses of our butchered kin." Toothless grows uneasy and very tense.

"This place is like a pandemonium, or should I say, the house of demons." Hiccup tried to stay calm as he can be and continued to investigate.

He and Toothless landed in a nearby cove and went on foot. He hears a very weird soud resonating from outside the cove, he whispers to Toothless to stay put as he slowly crept towards the peculiar noise. He reaches his back and unsheates a gronkle iron forged sword. He finally reaches the sound and saw a somewhat buffed viking adolescent sleeping comfortably on a slab of rock. Hiccup doesn't know how to react to this should he leave him be or take his life by his own hands. He dicides to kill him, he raises his blade aiming for his neck to decapitate the viking before him, until he hears him sleep talk.

"The Flightmare's head...*snores* will be... mine..." The young viking sleep talking was enough to stop Hiccup from killing him for the moment.

"Too bad you'll be in hell before that happens." Hiccup once again raises his sword to lop his head off, but he hears a twig snap and several footsteps not too far from his location. He cursed under his breath and quickly hid under a nearby bush and switches from his sword to a poison tip dagger made out of nadder spine and iron wood from his journeys. He spots three shadowy figures came and armed with an array of weaponry, then came two more. They slowly came to the sleeping viking earlier.

"Who would have thought Snotlout isn't yet eaten." A female voice full of mischief.

"We should wake him up." A stern voice follows. Two of the five shadows tries to wake the sleeping viking up to no prevail, it seems like their trying to wake up a rock.

"Well he's in deep sleep right now what should we do." The bulky one spoke. As he finish his sentence a bucket of water was spilled on the sleeping viking and jumped from the coldness.

"AAAAAHHH YOU MUTTON HEADS WHAT DO YOU THINK-" He was cut off by one other.

"Quiet you idiot! The Flightmare is here somewhere in Berk, and we don't want that thing chasing after us." Another female whispers barely audiable for the six of them and Hiccup. Realizing what was currently happening he clamped his mouth shut and calmed down.

"While you were having a nice pinic out here everyone except you and Astrid device a plan to save our skins from the... FLIGHTMARE EVERYONE TAKE COVER!" The other viking spots the dragon and send himself sprawled on a nearby tree so where the others.

"Pssst Thyreim, was that glowing water there before?

"No way, that's really strange." The Flightmare slowly descends and took several scoops of the glowing water flowing inside a river that goes directly towards Berk.

"Guys take this as an opurtunity and escape quietly..." Thyreim whispers getting a lot of nods. The band of Vikings slowly walks away letting the dragon feast upon the weird glowing mass.

"Well we now know it's not carnivorious." The female sighs in relief.

"Ugh guys where's Snotlout?" The bulky one spoke nervously.

"Oh no seriously!" Thyreim starts to panic.

Meanwhile

"So what did you find?" Toothless asks his rider.