Chapter 14: A Foreshadowing

The sun rses upon the blue sky, the village of berk is safe from the horrors of the dreaded Flightmare for another decade. If it comes back to feed. The chief and his people slowly repopulated the desserted village from their underground bunkers underneath the great hall. The parents of the missing teen looked everywhere until Gobber the Belch finds them in the cove sleeping soundly.

"Camping?" Spitelout asks the others.

"In Arvindole's Fire are they crazy!" Stoick and Valka said in unison.

"They must camped out to hunt down the Flightmare, I expected nothing less from my daughter." Ralof, Astrid's father inspects her damaged weapon then his daughter.

"Fightin' the Flightmare you sure? Well it looks like they fightin' themselves!" Gobber points at the bunch, exhausted and battered as there bodies lie scattered in the cove.

"What in Thor's name-" Stoick began to erupt with question, but Valka prompts him to be quiet and let the teens sleep.

Stoick and the rest of the search party took the teens back to the village. Have them treated by Gothi, if there are any signs of injury, although it appears that everyone was in good shape. But their clothing and equipment couldn't be the same as they are left tattered and broken.

Out of the eight it seems Astrid was the first one to awakened and is now being interrogated privately by Stoick and the council. Astrid explains about how the Flightmare got away and the mysterious Dragon boy. Much to everyone's disbelief. Ralof was more surprised that the Flightmare didn't cause his brother Finn to de in fear.

Stoick wanted to clarify what he had heard from the lass, as much as some of them didn't buy her statement. But from Astrid expression alone, Stoick believes her and dismisses her so she can rest with te other trainees.

"So what now Chief?" Gobber and the rest faces Stoick.

"For the first time in ages my friend... I don't know." Stoick sits pondering on his next move.

"If what she says is true, then there's something diabolical out there." Valka looks througtbthe window, her gaze at Ralof escorting his daughter back to her tent. "Although she did say this man will return in 5 years or so. Maybe we can find the answers we seek if we wait in his behalf." Valka continues she basically acts as the voice of reason in the council.

"Alright then, ahem. Gobber I want you to continue forging weapons and armor. We need everything we can for this upcoming storm.

"Aye." Gobber took his leave and rushed to the forge.

"Hilda and the carpenters your job is to constuct a hidden bunker where our people and supplies can safely hide if the the time comes."

"With haste we shall, Chief." Hilda also takes her leave.

"Spitelout warn the other allied villages about this."

"?... Stoick, what am I gonna say. That there's this dragon boy foretellig about this great evil? I don't think they'd believe that hogwash!" Spitelout obviously doesn't like being humiliated in public.

"Hmmm.. your right." Stoick holds his chin thinking of ways to bypass this. His mind left driednout of ideas.

As Astrid reached the tents she sees Thyriem woken up strecthing his sore joints, a loud crack masked by the soothed groan of Thyriem. He faces Astrid and smiles at her. In Thyriem's mind as long as nobody is hurt everything is fine, one of the few qualities a good leader should have. A few hours later the other soon came to. Asking Astid of what happened. She tells her story about four times since the twins weren't interested unless chaos and destruction was involved.

Astrid was quite disappoited with her weakness and wants to train even harder so that one day she can have her rematch with that dragon boy in equal terms. The other teens do the same thing as well. They can't let this small beat down cloud their mind forever. They have to push on... somehow...

Smallest chapter I've made so far... I guess i owe everyone an apology that I haven't been writing alot since last year and the year before that. It's not about being mindblocked or laziness. It's more of contemplating on "why should i continue on?" "Why am I turning on and off in wrting?" Or is it just me having no reason to write anymore? I can't say for certain how long will be the next chapter be.