Chapter 13: A Dragon's Message

The Flightmare has been incapacitated and now is liable to die from bleeding or infections. A strong blow on the neck kept it paralyze, because of it's nervous system being a mess. It had light breaths getting softer and softer as the once Legendary Dragon of Fear slowly takes a few more breaths before it dies. The gang could not believe that they actually defeted the beast and started dog piling it waiting for morning so they can haul in their kill.

"Dibs on the wings!" Yells Snotlout grabing his sword and wetting stone. Wetting stones are used to sharpen bladed weapons, and is usually made of flint.

"I take the spit." Fishlegs bounds over enthustiastically.

"Eww... gross Fishlegs." Tuffnut holds his mouth pretending to vommit.

"This is for science, with this I might be able to find a cure for the... y'know 'Fear Mist'. He takes three vials varrying in size, and took samples directly from the dying Flightmare, who tired to fight back.

"Maybe if you do make a cure, you should use on yerself." Snotlout and the twins bursts into laughter.

At the corner of Astrid's vision she sees Thyreim gently cradling Freyja by his shoulder quietly sobbing,  Astrid puts a hand on his shoulders.

"She was a brave warrior, her effort won't be forgotten." She turns to Fishlegs. "Hopefully he finds a cure with that mind of his." Astrid lies down and thinks about her departed uncle. What honor she has sown upon her clan.

It started to rain. The viking teen did not budge from the Flightmare. As if a pack of wolves that won't abandon their kill. Even the frightening bolts of lightning flashes over the twilight won't discourage them, thier vikings it's an occupational hazard.

Astrid felt a dangerous aura emitting from the trees. It's presence is the manisfistation of rage. As another flash of lightning lash upon the earth the vikings teens slowly fell one by one.

Everything happens in a flash, Astrid finds herself on the ground with her axe broken in half. She turns to her right and sees Thyriem unconscious along with the others. She hears quiet footstep approaching her, she sees a figure clad in black as night. Beside him is a black dragon quite short for its size, it had no horns no sharp spines only a feirce gaze, and it bites off the bolas and rope used to secure the Flightmare. Astrid musters up her remaining strength and tries to stand up only to have a foot gently sends her back down. The shadowy figure tries to flee with the Flightmare, Astrid grabs Frejyas poison bolts and crossbow. She notched a bolt and shot the figure in his thighs that made him roar in pain. He turns around with bloody red eyes that were bright enough to scatter the darkness surrounding it. Astrid stood up and took out her last axe, her mother's to be exact . Both sides were locked in single close-quarter combat, with Astrid using an axe, and the figure using a sword. Astrid lunges in, striking downward giving her an advantage due to the effects of gravity. But her attack was parried by the figure's sword, something tells her he's not a pushover. The figure sends out a swift and hardened right hook landing straight into Astrid's face and sends her sprawling towards a tree. She senses the figure's rage is what making him very strong and fast. The figure dashes and gives out a diagonal cleave, Astrid quickly dodges and sees the tree fall to his immense strength.

"What are yo-" Just before she could finish her sentence, the figure grabs her by the neck and attempts to choke the living light out of her. Astrid tries to kick and punch her way out but it feels like she's hitting solid iron.

The figure trows her at the lake thinking she couldn't swim, Astrid can swim but with difficulty with her injuries. She swims back to land only to have her hair forcefully tugged by the figure. He drags her across the cove, and roughly drops her by a tree. He pulled out the bolt that stuck on his leg and throws it away. He then stabs Astrid by the shoulder making scream in pain, obviously it was excruciating and very unbearable. Her screams actually stops the figure and looks around in horror.

"What have I done?" He faces Astrid and pulls out the sword that he used to stab her.

Astrid faces him to see his eyes went back from bloody red to forest green. It was nearing dawn the sun's primary lights seems to have revealed the man, no boy's face. Astrid couldn't believe it, he looked exactly like Thyriem. Well not totally his hair was in a shade of brown.

"Warmaiden of Berk I am terribly sorry for hurting you, it's not in my nature to do so." His voice was nearly the same as Thyriem as well. "Here is a concoction for you and your comrades." He wipes a greenish fluid into her wounds and bruises, they were starting to feel much better.

"Why...?" She asks weakly.

"Why you ask? I never wanted to hurt others, I never wanted to kill. Not to loop the cycle of war." The boy turns to the Flightmare. "What has this magnificient creature do to deserve this. He only wishes to sates his hunger. He does not steal your people's provision so... why?"

"I'll tell you why. That dragon cursed my family into humilliation. It's breath stole my uncle's bravery. Bravery and fearlessness is our very soul as Hoffersons and that dragon stole it, paralyzed my uncle in fear forever. His only wish was to die after sullying our name. That's WHY!" Astrid musters up her strenght just to stand. Toothless senses her approach and charges his breath attack.

"No brother stand down. She can't hurt me." Hiccup puts a hand on Toothless' back telling him to back off.

"Warmaiden, the Flightmare does not sow any curses, it only temporarily paralyzes you." Hiccup wipes the Flightmare's wounds with the same concoction, reigniting it's light but only for a small fraction.

"Like hell I'll believe your lies!" Astrid spats back.

"Then can you explain to me that other Warmaiden can now sleep properly." Hiccup turn to Freyja whose resting soundly. Astrid couldn't believe her eyes all this time her uncle could've been alive. Their pride and stubborness hides away the truth. She sheds into tears.

"I have a message for your chief." She raises her head to Hiccup. "Stop searching for the nest it will only endanger more lives. I will return in a few years ready to help your people to end the Dragon Blight."

"Aren't you supposed to be a Dragon lover?" Astrid raises an eyebrow.

"The Queen is our common  enemy. She has used my fellow dragon brothers and sisters to satisfy her own selfish desires. Remember this day Warmaiden do not secumb to you pride and see the truth of what lies beyond." Hiccup calls more dragons to carry the Flightmare home.

Astrid remains silent as she watches the boy on a nightfury goes over the horizon as sun rises from the east.

"Should I trust him? He has a point it will be hard to convincs the others to cooperate." Astrids feels her eyes to be heavy her kness weakening she knows she fell asleep exhausted from the fight. The cove from anyones perspective has become a snorefest.

Note: I am not dead just lazy and busy with school life. Hope for more chapters to come soon hopfully.  Came back from a tough game of DOTA 2 grabs tablet for the first time open wattpad expecting nothing much. Opens comment section. Drops tablet.