Chapter 7: A Dragon's Claws

Claws are a dragon's second asset a claw can be a lethal tool.........
So Hiccup is gonna be busy with this chapter.

Hiccup's POV

Toothless finally breathes his first fire he was so happy he ended up burning the plants and mosses leaving chared pebbles and dirt.

"I did it, YES!" Toothless jumps around. "That's great now we can continue the forge." I said

Toothless' POV

Hiccup resets everything up again. "Ok bud light em up." Hiccup gestures at the furnace. I let out a low heat plasma blow torch. The coals are are now glowing in a radiant fire. "Thanks bud." Hiccup pats my head. That feels good.

Hiccup's POV

Now I placed a bar of iron into the burning coal after a few minutes I tried to take the bar off the furnace but......"OW HOT HOT HOT HOT!!!" I scream in pain I checked the book and flipped to the safety tips.

1.DO NOT TOUCH A HOT METAL

Well I should have read it earlier cause Toothless rolling on the floor laughing.

Lesson learned but I checked the book and theres a tool that can help in this situations a pair of tongs. I grabbed my tool box and look for a pair of tongs. It kinda took a while cause there are so many tools. "Just do this." Toothless lifts the box and turn it upside down and let it fall. Well primitive but effective in some ways. I grabbed the tongs and use it on the melted iron. "So when it's melted you can easily mold it into shapes, huh?" Toothless asks. "Yeah but to mold it I need a hammer." I said while lifting a hammer. "Hmm?" I hummed "What's wrong?" Toothless asks. " it's heavy, really heavy." I said.

Omniscient POV

After a few momments Hiccup's arm failed him and it fell on Toothless' claws. "YEEEEEOOOOWWW!!!" Toothless screamed and flying like crazy because of the pain. "Oops." Hiccup smirks.

Safety tip

2. Never drop your hammer on someone's toes.

Just then Toothless slap me with his tail. "That freaking hurt you moron!"

"Ow..." I rubbed the spot were it hurts. Anyways the hammer I used was a war-hammer no wonder it's so heavy. So I rummage the pile of tools and found a small one enough for me to carry. Toothless was hiding behind a boulder. I raised the hammer and hit the hot iron. But I hit the end causing it to fly off and hit Toothless in the butt. "SON OF A HALF TROLL SERIOUSLY !!!"

I took another one this time Toothless covered himself with ice just incase. This time I hit the right spot and it felt like I know where to hammer next.

Toothless' POV

Is Hiccup trying to kill me, if he is, he's doing a good work out of it. He hammered again and this time it didn't fly off I look at Hiccup...... Wait is his eyes there turning red. What's happening here? I was about to say something but Cloudjumper butts in. "It seems his dragon's blood is activating, I'm amazed he's body is not rejecting it." "Should I...." "No leave him be for now. I'll be back later." Cloudjumper flew away.
He looks fine to me but those eyes are a bit scary.

Hiccup's POV

Yes i did it my first sword.... uh a bit bent but it counts. I showed it to Toothless and he said about it being bent. How rude. "So Hiccup what else are you gonna make." Toothless asks "Gee I don't know, there so many ideas plans and I don't know where to start!" "You could start by making Vulcan stop eating the ores." Toothless pointed at my right. I turn around and saw Uncle Vulcan eating the different ores. "UNCLE VULCAN WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH MY ORES!!!" I yelled in berserk. "These ores oh my, I'm sorry princey I got hungry doing my usual patrol."He said sadly. "You know you are always hungry." Toothless rubs Vulcan's belly. "Hey that tickles I'm gonna....." Gross! Vulcan puked lava. "Quick get the Scauldrons!" Toothless panics.

A while later baby Scauldron named Spout extinguished the lava but it turned into a weird dull white mterial. I lifted it, it seems very light and I tap on it and it felt like metal. But the book says light materials easily gets broken so I threw it away.... Boogsh!....... We turned around and saw a tree was cut. "Timberjacks?" Toothless asks "Nope Timberjacks are on the other side of the nest and it's not cleanly cut which means something blunt smash right through it." I replied. "But theres noone here but us three." Vulcan turns his head.

I look around and I saw the white material lying beside the tree that was cut down. "Hmmm... I need to confirm something." I took the white stuff and place it in the furnace and it took awhile like 30 minutes for it to melt and gosh we use 5 five times more coal than theammount of coal used for iron. I took it with the tongs and set it on the anvil and hammered away. Wow it's so hard I kept on hammering and it feels like I haven't even made a single dent on it. I kept on hammering and saw Toothless staring at me fear. "Bud what's wrong?" I ask stopping "Your eyes there so scary." He replied. What does he mean my eyes are perfectly fine I check the water and saw my eyes there glowing in blood red color. "Woah cooooolll!" "Aren't you scared your eyes are red you look like an embodiment of evil." "Nah I don't think so if I was I would be trying to kill you right?"

Toothless' POV

"Nah I don't think so if I was I would be trying to kill you right?" Yeah you were a while ago. Hiccupcontinued on hammering until he finished it. It was a white sword, he tries it out. "For the momment of truth!" Hiccup steps near a boulder, raising his sword up high and....... what the.... the boulder was cut in half his sword is a total beast. "Toothless the sword it works perfectly it's light and hard it's PERFECT!

Hiccup's POV

I waved my sword around laughing cause it was a success then a voice just called me. "Hiccup well done you have earned your claws." "Dad?!" "Yes Hiccup those things you called sword symbolizes a Dragon's claws. With that you are one step closer to becoming the uniter of two worlds both Viking and Dragons. Carry your claws with pride and glory." Those words made cry in happiness. "I love you guys." "And it means that your training starts prince." Cloudjumper said. "I hate you guys." I said sarcastically.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys another chapter down lots more to come remember your votes and comment kept me going.

So bye for now.