II

Link rode Epona out into Hyrule Field with the messenger. The guy pointed out in the direction of the Great Plateau, which had also underwent an enormous restoration, now with a small settlement on it.

The Hylian army was battling against a familiar yet different army. They held the Yiga symbol. However, it had the Seal of Ganon. It was the Aygi Clan, the group that was outcasted from the Yiga Clan.

And the Aygi were overpowering despite being outnumbered. Link rode out into battle and stormed in, Master Sword and Hylian Shield in hand.

He cut a swathe through the battle and eventually got to the epicenter. He cut down Aygi after Aygi until alas, they had retreated.

"Commander Link! You're here, thank Hylia." One of the generals called out.

Link nodded subtly. Only 19 years old, he was the youngest army commander of the Royal Court since the time of Sheikah technology. According to myth, the famous commander was only 13 or 14 when he became part of the Royal Court of Queen Zelda.

A/N: "part of the Royal Court of Queen Zelda." meaning the Zelda from Impa's legend of the Calamity 10,000 years prior.

"Follow, Commander. We have unearthed something... interesting in the Faron Woods. It could be related to what the Queen was talking about." the general requested with an unsure tone.

As they walked towards the woods after about an hour, he explained what they found.

"It is an ancient relic. Made of the same material as the shrines and towers. Except, they have a swirl pattern on them instead of the Sheikah eye. It also glows an odd green with a faint hint of bright blue, kind of like the luminous stone, except if it were more green. It is also surrounded by two rings of gold that aren't attached to it. We have dubbed it the Zonai Crystal because we believe it has otherworldly properties." the man said cautiously.

They finally stopped at an excavation zone near the Spring of Courage. The Hylian pushed open the flap to a tent and inside sitting on a stone pedestal was the alleged Zonai Crystal.

It did glow like the luminous stones in the Lanayru Province and Typhlo Ruins. It also had two strange, golden rings that weren't attached yet they were inseperable.

Link touched the crystal softly with two fingers. He looked at the general curiously.

"The fairy tales my mum told me of the ancient heroes; Time, Wind, Twilight, Sky, and Fierce Deity; She would tell me of the Triforce. It's virtues were Power, Courage, and Wisdom. Red, green, and blue. The hero that held the sword of evil's bane held the Triforce of Courage. So perhaps this crystal is connected to you somehow. At least that's my hypothesis. It could just be long forgotten Zonai technology." he explained.

Link picked up the crystal and put it into his bag to take it to the Royal Ancient Tech Lab to study.

-----

Purah looked at Link curiously when he walked in.

"The world has to be ending if it's you who comes in here. What has gotten your interest?" Purah pointed out.

Link took out the Zonai Crystal and she immediately got confused.

"What in Hylia is that? It's not of Sheikah origin because I can see the swirl on it. That's a Zonai artifact. I assume you visited the excavation sites in Faron?" she studied the relic curiously.

Link nodded. "Well head on up to your study. You probably need to get started on your studies. But before you go, give me a nice snap." she requested.

Link snapped his fingers. Purah nodded approvingly. He marched up the stairs to his study and set the relic on the table.

"Now, Zonai Crystal. What are you hiding?" Link whispered.

Yes, yes, Link actually speaks. He hardly speaks in this story though but you will find a few words here and there. I might do a filler chapter where Link studies the new Zonai Crystal or something.