XXVII

Two days later...

Link and Ganondorf were just about 100 meters from the Spring of Power. There was a slight issue, however. The outpost that was set up in the Ordorac Quarry was brimming with Hylians and Lynels preparing for some sort of battle.

Link walked up to the nearest soldier, who happened to be his childhood friend.

"Daylen, what's going on?" Link asked cautiously.

Daylen turned around quickly and his face lit up with joy. "Link! You're here! At a bad time, though. There was an Aygi attack outside of Lake Village. We are preparing for battle in case the Aygi ambush the outpost." he said forlornly.

That was bad. Link looked out towards Lake Akkala. There wasn't any smoke or evidence of damage.

"No, no. Not in Lake Village. But pretty close. Two of our men were injured." Daylen corrected Link, knowing immediately Link's concern.

The hero sighed with relief. Lake Village had been built on the tall tower of rock in Lake Akkala. It served as a popular trading post in Akkala, as well as connecting the Eldin and Lanayru Provinces.

Link liked Lake Village. It was a cozy little settlement, full of the most polite and casual people in Hyrule.

Link pointed towards General Addax's tent.

"General Addax? He went to Akkala Citadel to get reinforcements." the soldier informed Link.

Abandoning his men in the dawn of battle. Queen Zelda would have his head on a spike if she knew about this. Link thought angrily.

"You're angry now. I think I know why. He abandoned his people right before battle. I agree." Daylen mumbled quietly.

Link looked at Daylen. "Then why not tell the queen of his actions?" the hero asked.

Daylen looked at Link in shock. "You CAN still speak! Uh... yeah, I have thought about it. Her Majesty would not be pleased with him." he answered.

Link shook his head. He never figured out how Addax had retained his position as army general.

He stood up and walked back to where Ganondorf stood outside of the encampment.

"Anything?" Ganondorf asked.

"Yeah. They are preparing for a possible Aygi Clan attack. There was an ambush outside of Lake Village which is rather close by. I can allow us passage to the Spring of Power due to my position as the commander of the entire army of Hyrule." Link informed the Gerudo King. He gathered his things that he left with Ganondorf.

They both walked through the paths of the outpost and found two rows of guards protecting the spring entrance.

"Commander Link and Ganondorf." Link told the guards.

The two guards at the front of both rows looked at each other. They gave a signal and the guards moved aside. Link and Ganondorf walked inside and they heard as the guards closed in rank behind them.

As they passed through the curtain of vines, Link could see Demise up ahead. They walked forward until they reached the altar that Demise stood on.

Link bowed before the Demon Lord.

"Hyrule Warrior. I have watched you in your trials alongside my son. I have word that you have obtained the Triforce of Power. This is the mark of completing the Trial of Power and prestiging to the Trial of Wisdom. I am here to give you the promise of my own power and assistance." Demise said to the hero in a calm tone.

Link nodded at Lord Demise's words. "The Trial of Wisdom will be completed as quickly as I can muster, Lord Demise." Link answered.

"Understandably. It's been two to three weeks since you started on this journey. But Valoria is gaining power as we speak. And if it can make the process faster, I shall assist you in training amd in battle. Whatever need you have of me, I will gladly be of use to you." Demise promised. He handed Link a sword that resembled the Master Sword, but if it were more sinister.

"Father, that is the sword you should be using against Valoria when Link goes to battle him." Ganondorf said with confusion.

"Yes, I know. But I have my own abilities that I can use. I am also adept in magic." the Demon Lord answered.

Link looked up at Demise and stood. "What is this?" he asked.

Demise handed Link the sword. "This is the sword I used in battle against the Hero of the Skies. I call it the Demon Sword." he said grandly.

To be honest, Link liked how the Demon Sword looked compared to the Master Sword. It felt like it had more power to it than the Master Sword did. He liked how it glowed with a red luster instead of a bright blue luster that blinded him.

"It will serve you well. The Demon Sword recognizes the Triforce of Power in an individual. If they do not carry it, the sword will slowly become heavier and heavier until they are pressed into the ground by the weight." Demise warned Link. It wasn't necessarily a warning to Link, though.

Ganondorf snorted. "There was one man long ago who thought he was the legendary evil. He attempted to steal the sword but he died the next day because the sword tore his arms off." he said, amused.

Link shuddered. "Where am I to go next for the final Triforce trial?"

Demise gently took Link's Sheikah Slate. He pointed to the Great Plateau, specifically Mount Hylia. "Here." he said.

Link nodded. "Thank you. Hylia and Queen Zelda remain at Hyrule Castle. You may join me on the journey if you are pleased to do so." he bowed his head respectfully to Demise.

"I would love to." Demise said with a smile.

The Sacred Realm:

The Hero of Time was aggravated. The Sacred Realm was a huge mess. Everything had fallen out of line since Hylia and Demise left for Hyrule to join the Hyrule Warrior's quest.

He was left to carry out business throughout the whole kingdom. That was exhausting all on its own. He was only the hero who carried out business from their monthly gatherings to the goddess. He didn't ever get involved with the other politics and such of the Sacred Realm.

So he was not experienced with the business of all of the local powers. He was not familiar with how to deal with them either.

If anything, the Hero of the Skies was much more familiar with these things. He was always attending the gatherings between Hylia, Demise, and the three golden goddesses.

Maybe the Hero of the Skies should be doing this. The hero thought.

But Demise left him with specific instructions. He had to take control of the Sacred Realm while Demise and Hylia were gone. He could have assistance but no one else can be seen on the throne of Hylia's Hollow.

He never said I couldn't have someone be my mouthpiece. Perhaps the Hero of the Skies could take audiences, tell me of the details, then I can have him carry out my decision. the Hero of Time thought pleasantly.

He had a point. He would still be making the final decisions and taking care of business. The Hero of the Skies would be the one who gives him the advice, an advisor of sorts.

Yes. That would be ideal.

"Mavin, can you get the Hero of the Skies here?" the Hero of Time asked.

The Minish boy nodded thoughtfully. "Of course, Hero of Time. He will be here as soon as possible."

A/N: So. I finally got Chapter 27 out. It has been stressful. I am in the midst of making a Minecraft addon, dealing with moving and whatnot, preparing to set drill and practice more songs for marching band at the football game this Friday, and trying to keep this story going for the very few people consistently reading.

So yeah, I've been slacking a tiny bit. Sorry, not sorry. I don't feel like apologizing for minimalizing my stress.

Anyways, have a great day. I'll attempt to have Chapter 28 out by Wednesday.