XIII

Link was at the Woodland Stable for rhe day. He apparently had four or five days so he decided to take a break for a little longer than usual. The fog in the Lost Woods had cleared up mysteriously, but people still went missing in the forests so it was well advised that people avoiding venturing in there at all.

Link was sitting by the river watching when a young girl sat down beside Link. She looked to be about 12 or 13. She wasn't that much younger than Link but it was still several years.

"Watching the river, huh?" she said suddenly, making Link jump slightly. "Sorry, it's not often we get visitors up this way. I'm Lamika."

"Link." Link introduced himself.

Lamika laughed. "I know. You're famous across Hyrule because you defeated Ganon." she subsided into a quiet stare at Hyrule Castle in the distance.

Link stared at the castle, too. It seemed like about an hour passed by before Lamika broke the silence.

"Have you ever heard of the land in the sky?" she asked curiously.

Link shrugged. "A little." he said.

"Apparently, the Goddess Hylia took a chunk of land and brought it to the sky to keep the ancient Hylians safe during an ancient battle. Then, a hero saved them by defeating a great evil called Demise. According to legend, his name was also Link. It's said that the Forgotten Temple in Tanagar Canyon is the remnants of Skyloft that fell back down to Hyrule. I plan to visit it someday to pay my respects to the ancient heroes of times long past." she admitted. She stood up finally.

"Where are you going?" Link asked wistfully.

"Back to the stable. I have to help Mother cook dinner for everyone as well as you. Today was the day this stable was built. Me and Mother are cooking dinner for everyone to celebrate. We are also offering discounts on bed prices for the next week to let others in on the occurance." Lamika explained to Link.

"I see. I'll be there in a minute." he replied calmly.

"Okay. I'll save some for you. It was nice meeting you, Link." she waved and smiled.

"You, too, Lamika." he answered. He looked back at the river until he started to smell food wafting from the stable.

-----

The Spectral Kingdom:
Zyphos faced his ancestor, the Hero of Time in the throne room of Zonai Castle.

"So, the queen of Hyrule is coming here to make peace with us?" Zyphos asked.

"Yes. She seeks your assistance and alliance. This is for good reason. The Goddess Hylia has decided that she should intervene and send us higher-tier spirits to assist in manipulating the fate of Hyrule itself. I have acted in your stead to prevent the fall of Hyrule. Now it is up to you to seal their fate... or destroy it."

The Hero of Time faded away into golden sparks, leaving Zyphos alone in the throne room.

He called the messenger in and ordered him to send a message to the leader of each race to meet at Zonai Castle.

Alas, he sat on his throne and awaited the arrival of Graya, Ruvo, Sarian, Runia, and Hilda.

It's high time that we open our kingdom to Hyrule. It's been at least 12,000 years since the Zonai went into hiding in this land. Zyphos mused quietly. He tapped his fingers against the arms of the throne. It will certainly bring something new to the Spectors.

-----
(The next day. . .)
The Sacred Realm:

The Hero of Time was waiting in the Chamber of Sages for Saria's return. Alas, the green stone started to glow and blue sparks started to come together.

Saria appeared and stepped off the altar.

"So? Did the Hyrule Warrior master your ability?" Impa asked.

"Yes. He quickly learned how to manipulate the earth to his advantage in battle. I have told him to continue onward to Nabooru in Gerudo Desert." Saria explained calmly.

"What does he know now?" Rauru inquired.

"I revealed to him that the Aygi Clan poses a far bigger threat than he thinks. I have also told him that he will be allied with an unexpected individual soon enough. Finally, I told him a vague explanation of his purpose." Saria concluded.

"I see. As for me, I have spoken with Zyphos about the situation at hand. He has agreed to take part. I will speak with the Hyrule Warrior soon, I suppose." the Hero of Time mused.

"Yes. Then we have to meet with the Goddess Hylia to seek her assistance as well." Ruto reminded the hero.

The Hero of Time thought for a minute. It had been eons since he had been asked to help guide a hero down his path. The last hero he had assisted was the Hero of Hyrule. (A/N: the Link from the original NES Zelda games in 1986-87  The Legend of Zelda and The Adventure of Link.) The hero had only been about 9 or 10 on his first quest and 18 on his second.

The Hero of Hyrule came into the Chamber of Sages. "Hero of Time. Ganondorf has requested your presence at his castle. He has matters to discuss with you." he said.

"Of course. I will be in his presence at once." the Hero of Time answered. The Hero of Hyrule nodded and went back to his chambers.

-----
Hyrule:

Link was back in Castle Town. He decided that since he still had a few more days left, he would take a break at his house for a day before continuing onward to the Gerudo Desert.

Sidon left a note in the slats of Link's door saying that he was visiting Zora's Domain for a few days while Link was out on his travels.

So, Link was at home on his own.

Then, he heard a noise upstairs. He went upstairs to see what it was. Nothing was there but he was sure that he heard something moving.

A boy stepped out of the storage room. He was wearing a similar green suit to the Hero of the Sky, but it was simple and the sleeves were an orange-ish color. It had a single belt and a strap to put the sword sheath and shield on.

"Hello, Hyrule Warrior. You have yet to meet me yet." the boy greeted.

"Another legendary hero?" Link asked.

"I am one of your three predecessors. I'm the Hero of Hyrule. The Hero of Time has sent me to tell you where to find him once you speak with the last sage. I would like to see your Sheikah Slate." the hero stepped forward.

Link handed him the slate and the Hero of Hyrule marked a spot on the map. "Go here, but only once you have received the Spirit Medallion. He is expecting you in about 3 days." he explained.

"I see. I plan to leave in the morning and depart for Gerudo Town." Link answered.

"This is the first of your trials. The Hero of Time is only your first test." the boy informed Link.

"Great, I'm so excited." Link answered scathingly.

"It will not be as bad as you perceive it to be. It is time for me to go. You should take your time. Don't think that because you are on a time limit that you need to rush your training." the Hero of Hyrule suggested understandingly.

"I wish I could stay in the right mind to take my time. But if a great evil is gaining power as we speak, I need to do what I must in the time I have." Link resisted firmly.

"We all held the Triforce of Courage but I see you are a true owner of it. Best of luck, hero. May you become the hero Hyrule needs." the hero faded into blue sparkles and drifted off in the nighttime wind.

"I hope so, too."

A/N: This entire story might be so long that it might have to be 3 parts.

Also, ya b*tch is an official freshman now. My freshman orientation was today and I have a cool homeroom teacher. The concept of being on the second floor of a school is still weird to me because I have only ever been to single-story schools.

I'm kinda scared that I only have 4 years of school left. This is nerve-racking.

Anyways, I might start chapter 14 soon so yeah. Keep reading this, it's cool knowing that people are actually noticing my content. ♡