Chapter 10

A/N: I would like to thank everyone for patiently waiting. I would also like to say that I really appreciate all the sweet comments you have posted. They really make my day and mean a lot. Well, enjoy the next chapter.

Alya looked indignant and pointed at a pale Lila. "Lila Rossi, your girlfriend?"

"I have only one girlfriend and it's Marinette. I have never even met this Lila until she walked up to us. She didn't even know who I was and if she had been dating me, she would have recognized me."

Damian shrugged and Chloe led the group of friends to the nearest restaurant. Alya turned to Lila. "Marinette must have paid those people to pretend that she's dating Damian Wayne because she's just jealous of you, Lila. Don't you worry. When we go to Wayne Enterprises at the end of the trip, we'll prove you right."

Lila played along and smiled at her "best friend", but she was not so happy on the inside. Lila had recognized Damian almost as soon as she saw him which was why she had gone to try and seduce him. Even though Damian had proved her lies about dating him wrong, the class still believed her. Lila then internally smirked, this class was eating out of her hand like a bunch of dogs. Lila would seduce Damian Wayne, all she needed was time.

*POV switch and time switch*

"We don't know how far Hawkmoth's power can reach, but akumas usually appear around here." Marinette pointed to the place where most of the red red x's on the map of Paris were. Marinette was in the BatCave with Damian trying to figure out Hawkmoth's identity. "I once thought the Gabriel Agrest could be Hawkmoth, but then Mr. Agrest got akumatized." Marinette looked up at Damian and she frowned. "Hawkmoth could have akumatized himself, but then that would bring back a lot of people." Damian walked to the BatComputer.

"Hawkmoth would want somewhere that had a view of Paris yet, well away from prying eyes. He would probably also have to have almost no social life to be able to akumatized people at any time." Marinette sighed after Damian finished.

"That's why I thought it was Mr. Agrest. He is always canceling on his son, Adrien, and assistant could be Mayura. Mr. Agrest is also very secluded." Damian tapped a couple more keys on the BatComputer and stepped back as the screen filled with a map of Paris. There were red dots with times and a small red circle. "From just where the akumas appeared and the time between getting upset and being akumatized, we are able to limit Hawkmoth's lair to this general area." Marinette leaned closer as Damian circled a smaller area.

"Let's look at the buildings in this circle." Damian pulled up the blueprints along with pictures of the buildings. "The only building that would be ideal is..." Marinette gasped and then groaned. "I was right- at least, I think I am. If all this data is correct, then Gabriel Agrest is Hawkmoth and I don't know how to tell his son."

*time skip*

Ladybug tapped on Adrien's hotel window nervously. Adrien's face brightened and he opened the window.

"Ladybug! How can I help you and why are you in New Jersey?" Ladybug pulled herself in the room and stood by the window.

"Do you have any roommates and are they here?"

Adrien slightly blushed. "No."

"Good. Now, you might want to sit down for this." Adrien sat down, confused. "Adrien, I have reasons to believe that your father is Hawkmoth and that his assistant is Mayura. I'm going to tell Chat soon, but I'm telling you first because this directly affects you and Chat hasn't exactly been helpful recently." Adrien glanced down.

"I guess it makes sense. I just-" He buried his face in his hands. Ladybug sat next to him and patted his back comfortingly.

*POV switch and time skip*

When Ladybug had tapped on Adrien's hotel window, he was excited; if not confused. When she asked if his roommate was there, he had hoped that meant that she was going to reveal her identity. He was not expecting news that his father was Hawkmoth.

"I'm really sorry, Adrien." Ladybug got up to leave after Adrien had worked through the news. "I have to go and talk to Chat Noir now."

*Reg POV*

Ladybug pulled out her yo-yo. "Chat Noir, meet me at the Eiffel Tower ASAP. I have some important news." She then made a portal with Kaalki and then yo-yoed to the Eiffel Tower. Her yo-yo rang and Chat told her that he was in New York for civilian business. She told him to meet her at the Statue of Liberty.

Ladybug used Kaalki to get to New York and the Statue of Liberty. She then got on a video call with Robin.

"Turns out Chat's in New York, so we're meeting at the Statue of Liberty."

"He's not in Paris?"

"Listen, I know that I've had issues with him recently, but I still trust Chat Noir. Even if it's not as much as before."

"You're coming back soon, right?"

"Aw, miss me already, Robin?" Ladybug giggled at the blush dusting his cheeks. 'Don't worry, I miss you too."

"M'lady?"

"Bye, R." Ladybug put her yo-yo back on her waist and turned to Chat Noir. Her face turned serious.

"Chat Noir, glad you came. I know who Hawkmoth is."

"Really? Not even a hello for your favorite cat?"

"Are you kidding me? You've hardly helped with any akumas after that day when I revoked Rena Rouge's miraculous!" Ladybug paused and her breathing calmed. She then started quietly speaking. "I gave her so many chances, more than you know. She got chances in her civilian and superhero form and failed. I think I made the right decision." Chat Noir opened her mouth, but Ladybug held up her hand. "Hawkmoth is Gabriel Agreset." She handed him a stack of papers. "This is the evidence." She turned to leave. "Bye."

"Wait!" Ladybug stopped and turned to face Chat. "Who were you talking to before I came? You said Robin. Do you mean Batman's sidekick?"

"He is not Batman's sidekick, Robin is his partner!" Ladybug's face softened. "But, yes, I was talking to him."

"You seemed pretty close with him."

"Yeah, I am."

"But what about us? You and me, against the world, like always."

"I'm sorry, Chat, but I found someone to go against the world with me after you decided to let me go it alone." With that said, she left.