Chapter 11: A Living Lie

The night came and went as Ori and Ku slept peacefully in their old nest. Ori, obviously, didn't remember sleeping here, and didn't really think it was superior to the nest back in Niwen. Ku, however, had a very good night's rest, and woke up from what seemed to be the nicest dream she's ever had. She really missed her old nest, but she definitely missed Ori more.

After months of groveling in despair, guilt, and anger, she finally saw that her wish came true. Although, she couldn't help but feel that it came at a weird time. After all, Seir told her 3 days before his resurrection that it would be impossible to get Ori back in his natural state. Maybe, he felt sorry for Ku's state of mind, and tried to find a solution to appease her. He did say that he got a favor from Sein, but she can't be sure that was the full story.

Regardless, she could rest easy knowing that her brother was always there next to her. She turned on her side, and saw him sleeping there, curled up in a nice ball. He'd always be there for her, and she'd always have his back, no matter the circumstance. She wrapped her wing around him, as he muttered something in his sleep.

"Mmm... mornin' Ku... Zzzzz..." Ori said before falling back asleep. Ku yawned and got up in front of the nest, stretching her wings out. She decided to move out of the cave, and look for something to eat nearby. Soon enough, she found a nice pile of worms next to a log, and went in for the attack.

She never understood why Ori and her parents thought fruits were all that tasty. She denied even having a taste of one ever since she was young, so she preferred to stick to her bugs and worms. To her, it was nutritious and delicious, despite the fact of eating a living creature. Ori found it very gross though, and mainly decided to leave bugs alone. Plus, most of them really creeped him out a bunch.

Wait... *evil laugh* I've got an idea. She looked down towards the log filled with bugs, and gently put her right wing down on it. Eventually, a small bug crawled up on her wing. She let go of the log, and went back to Swallow's Nest. She saw Ori in the nest, still sleeping soundly. Still drowsy... perfect. She gently put her wing next to Ori's body, and the bug slowly moved down into the nest. She watched in joy, the mischievous girl she is, as the bug slowly crawled up his arm.

Ori felt this unknown sensation crawl up his body, leading to his right arm. He slowly opened his eyes, to see what looked like a small beetle, wandering his forearm. He instantly panicked.

"AAAAHHHHH!!!" He screamed, swatting the bug away. He could hear his own sharp breaths from him hyperventilating. He noticed Ku standing off to the side, laughing at him, which clicked in his mind. Ohhhhh... she's gonna get it now. His face turned into a grin, as he dashed towards Ku, who was now fleeing the cave laughing all the while. Eventually, he tackled Ku from behind, sending them both tumbling down the little hill they were perched upon. Little splotches of dirt started to cover both of them, mainly on Ku around her feathers, as they tumbled all the way down. Eventually, they both came to a stop on the flat land below, and Ori pinned her wings to the ground, leaving her unable to escape from his clutches.

"Ok! Ok! I'm sorry!" Ku pleaded.

"Sorry you did what?" Ori smirked.

"I'm sorry I put that bug on you! Just please, let me go." Ku slightly laughed as she said that.

"Then never. Do it. Again. Because if you do..."

"I know, I know! I promise I'll never do it again."

"Good." Ori got off of Ku, letting the poor girl breathe a sigh of relief. Ori took a deep breath and composed himself, shaking his body in disgust trying to relieve himself of the horrid creature that crawled upon him. Both of them started to wipe the dirt off of them, and looked at each other smiling.