Chapter 19: Heartache

He just kept going. Through the trees, under the vines, across the streams, with his face covered in tears. He couldn't handle everything about that discussion. Not only did he have to break the truth of the matter to Ori's family, but he now knew exactly why he was brought here in the first place.

As a means to an end.

His entire existence in this world, all his memories being gone, all for someone else's gain. So that he wouldn't have to feel his guilt and sins weighing down on him. Was he happy to be in this world, to which he knows was never meant to be his in the first place? He didn't know. Was he happy to be in control of the most prideful, kind, and gentle soul in this world? Hell no. Ori deserves so much more than he was given.

Still, that didn't keep him from running. Running from Ori's family, running from the god sitting on the Spirit Willow, and... running away from his life. All he knew, all he had, gone. Without his say in the matter, his life was stripped away like a kid who gets a toy taken away for being a brat. Except, he wasn't a kid, he wasn't being a brat, and that 'toy' was so much more, but Seir took it away anyway. He couldn't handle the pressure, so he ran, eventually collapsing in the middle of the woods.

All his emotions: His anger, sadness, fear, pain, and regret. It was all building up inside him. It hurt. He had to release it. Now.

He screamed, louder than he's ever screamed before, causing fire to wildly launch all around himself, burning the trees in a small area around him. Small puffs of smoke entered the atmosphere, but he kept going. He took out the Spirit Smash, and smashed and chopped all the trees he could see, his face plastered with an anger unseen from someone like him. He brought the forest around him to his knees, because if he couldn't control a goddamn thing in his life, then he was going to get some control, even if it meant the forest's downfall.

He fell down to his knees, and broke into a sob. Nothing in his life mattered anymore. He was a lie, a lie from the start. He didn't have anyone anymore. No one would care who he was, what he did, or who he became. He was forever tainted with a scar incurable for all time. Maybe death really was the right option. Seir should have just left him in his world, because then, it would have been his fate. And if there is anything he knows, fate always comes true, and it should never be messed with.

"...O-Ori?" A feminine voice spoke behind him. He kept weeping and turned around to see the person who he once thought was his sister. The fire and smoke slowly dimmed around them, leaving them talking in a now charred part of the forest.

"*sniffle* D-Don't call me that! I-I don't *sniffle* I don't deserve it." He looked away from her in shame. He couldn't bear to face her knowing how much he did to lie to her as well. He wasn't without blame in the situation. Still, she came closer to him.

"I-I'm... sorry. I-I had no idea about any of this." Ku said.

"O-Of course you didn't, because I refused to remember." He said, still crying.

"L-Listen, I can understand how you fe-"

He turned around at the painful comment she just made. "How I feel? Ku, you don't understand a damn thing about me!" Ku stopped approaching. "You don't know who I am! I don't even know who I am!! How can you even remotely understand how I feel?!" He shouted at Ku.

"Well... I want to understand. You don't have to be like this. We can help you through this. I want to help you."

His eyes went wide with shock, his anger dimming into sadness once again. "Why!? Why do you care so much about me, someone who is currently holding your brother hostage inside me? Even after you learned the truth, you still care about me?! I have no one left to care about me! NO ONE!! So tell me...Why?! Why do you care about me so damn much!? What about me makes you want to care about me?!" Ku remained silent. "ANSWER ME, DAMN IT!!!!" He and Ku both kept the silence and he began to cry into his already soaked hands again.