Chapter 14: The Bond of Broken Souls

"So... I died?" Ori asked, eating another orange.

"Yes, you did. You died for everyone in Niwen."

"And then... I was resurrected by Seir, but the process accidentally brought you into my body, leaving me here in the 'Soul Scape'? And since then, you've been acting as me in the real world?"

"I'm just telling you what I was told, but from what it looks like, yes." He thinks I'm crazy, doesn't he?

"And then... you met with Sein, and she helped you come here to help me?"

"Uh-huh, and that's where we stand right now."

Ori just took a moment to take it all in. The resurrection, the rejuvenated land, Sein, the Soul Scape, it felt so familiar and unfamiliar at the same time. Honestly, he wasn't sure if what he was saying was real or not. He didn't know how long he was trapped here, but it was definitely a significant amount of time. But, he felt that something was wrong with the whole explanation. How was all of that possible? He knew what happened in Niwen, and it... it...

"So... what's going to happen now?" Ori asked.

"Well, Sein came up with a plan of her own to help you get your body and life back."

"Really?! That's great!" Ori smiled brightly. He thought about how Sein was doing, and how much effort she put in to help him out. She was always so kind and caring, especially to him. Just thinking about her made his face blush, and his savior took notice.

"Ohhhh... So what she said was true now, wasn't it?" He asked, smiling.

"U-Uh... wh-what was...?" Ori asked, still blushing.

"Nothing, kid. Forget about it." He replied with a grin on his face.

"By the way... umm, if you don't mind me asking... What are you? Who are you?"

"..." None of his true memories have returned to him. He knew nothing about himself, or where he came from. Heck, he didn't even know his name or what to call himself. A tall, beige skinned creature three times the size of you? How could he answer that question?

"... I'm just... someone looking to help those in need, like yourself."

He completely dodged my question... "Well... anyways, what's this plan you mentioned?"

"This was the first step," he explained. "Sein determined that in order for you to take control of this body back, you need to be saved from whatever is tormenting you here, because that threat was slowly feeding off your pure light. That's why I came to help you out."

"Ok, but now what?"

"Now, I need to return to the real world, and find someplace dedicated to the Spirits of Old. Once we do, we can begin the separation of my soul from your body."

"And... that's it?"

"That's it. You'll be free in your own body, able to see the sun, the wildlife, your friends... and your family again."

"B-But-!" Ori interjected.

"Hmm...?"

"They... Umm... " Ori was hesitant to talk, but he shook his head, and changed his mind. "...what would happen to you?"

"...I... well... I-I... it's not clear, but..." He couldn't lie to Ori. It would hurt him, and he would probably figure it out later anyway. He had to tell him the truth. This ain't gonna end well. "I might... maybe... d-die in the process..." Ori's face went into shock. Great, here we go.

"WHAT?! Wh... Why would you do that?! Y-You can't just sacrifice yourself for me!! I-I won't let you!!" Ori protested. Someone who is helping him, someone who cares for him, just disappearing? He won't allow it! Everyone deserves a chance at a happy life. He can't allow another life to pass.