Chapter 18: Judgement Day

Dawn has come to Niwen, the birds silently chirping, and the wind lightly blowing. The morning sun slowly rose into the sky, covering the sky in a dim blue light. Every single person in the Glades was fast asleep in their homes. Well, all except for the Spirit Guardian of Niwen. Ori took a step outside, and sat down in front of the cave he called his home. The hero that saved the land, and defeated the corruption, now able to relax once and for all.

Or, so the people thought.

Ever since his trip to Nibel, he has been left with a permanent scar across his existence. One that was dosed with something that he absolutely hated: Lies and Deception. Seir, to his knowledge, has practically lied to every single creature in Niwen, telling them that Ori was resurrected from the Willow as the same happy and kind boy he always was. Ironic thing is, most of that is true, being kind and happy. The only part that isn't is the biggest part, not being Ori to begin with.

He still couldn't wrap his head around it, that Seir managed to keep this all hidden away from everyone for so long. What was there about the situation that Seir didn't want to mention? Was there really something so bad that he couldn't say? More importantly, why lie to Ori like that as well? Why make the person who saved him and his land feel like a failure? Hopefully, he will get some answers. Right now.

He slowly picked himself up from the ground, lightly stretching his arms and legs. Looking at the peaceful homes all around, he turns his attention towards the direction of the Spirit Willow, and slowly plods his way towards the truth that will be revealed. It must be revealed.

...

...

This isn't like you Ori. What happened over there? Gumo thought to himself. He was also up in the cave, as he saw Ori go towards the Spirit Willow. Gumo, worried and curious as to what was going on, slowly follows Ori towards the Spirit Willow.

——————————————————

He walked past the lush greens that he once thought was his home land, making his way towards Seir. He took a few deep breaths, trying to calm himself down, as he was very nervous at the upcoming encounter. Seir, this whole time, lied about everything that has happened since Ori's resurrection. He doesn't know who he is, where he came from, and what happened to him. But, if Seir brought him here, he was the only one who could hold the answers to who he was.

Gumo watched on from the trees and bushes as Ori kept walking closer and closer to his destination. What is he doing? Why is he coming here?

Eventually, he gazed upon the familiar, golden Spirit Willow. The atmosphere was beautiful, with the shining lake in the background, the bright sun in the sky, it was a paradise. Seir noticed their presence.

"Ori. You're back?" Seir asked.

"...yeah, I am." Ori said disappointingly. Seir caught his tone, and moved to question him.

"What's wrong? Did something happen?"

Oh something happened alright. "Seir... tell me what happened." Ori said sternly.

"I... I don't know what you tal-"

"What happened to me? What did you do to me?"

"I..." Seir got a bit nervous. "I'm... afraid I don't understand. I brought you back life to be with your family. What's there to understand?"

"Oh, I don't know... maybe the fact that I'm not Ori." He spat in irritation.

There was a bit of silence in the forest, leaving the winds and birds to break it up. Tensions rose as the silence was drawn out longer and longer. Gumo watched on in shock. W...What did he just say? Did he...? Is he...?