Chapter 12: The Plan

Ori and Sein sat down inside the treehouse, and started to discuss the details about what to do.

"Ok... where do I start?" Sein began. "So, Ori's soul is inside of you, and your soul is the one currently acting in his body right now. Meaning, as far as anyone is concerned, you are Ori."

"Wait, sorry quick question." Ori interjected. "You said before that someone else was in a similar situation before, right?"

That is correct.

"Who exactly was that? Because wouldn't it be easier just to talk to them about it?"

As crazy as it may seem, that spirit is actually closer than you think. Ori pondered that thought, before he turned to Sein, who was waving at him with a smile on her face.

Ohhh... wait. "Hold on a moment! Why couldn't you have just said you were that spirit?"

"Well... it's because I don't really like to talk about it. It's... embarrassing."

"Why? It's just giving you a physical body."

While that may be true, her reason why she did is what's embarrassing for her.

"Oooh... So, what's the reason, Sein?" Ori said, smiling.

"W-Well... it's... it's because... because... I-I wanted to..." Sein looked nervous, and blushing slightly.

It's because she wanted Ori to notice her as a girl. She felt if she didn't, she'd never get even a slight chance of a relationship with him.

"T-Tree!!" Sein shouted at the tree angrily and blushing heavily.

Dang... that's some dedication right there. "Heh. Better be lucky that Ori isn't listening right now."

"A-Anyway, back to the topic at hand." Sein said, clearing her throat. "So, we don't know how you got your soul in his body, but we do know how to make his soul take back control of his body." Ori listened intently. "See, since his soul was put back as impure light, the excess light seemingly coming from your soul, wherever you were from. In my case however, I didn't have a soul tied within me, but the process remains similar."

"First, we have to increase the amount of pure light that is within Ori's soul. That will allow Ori's soul to take over once we complete the other step. The other thing we have to do is a bit complicated, but it is doable. We need to find a certain type of shrine, one dedicated to the Spirits of Old."

"The Spirits of Old?"

All spirit trees that were first made came from the Spirits of Old. They were the most powerful spirits to have ever lived, and they were able to create their own abilities for themselves. Unfortunately, no such Spirit Tree still remains today. Their only memories are in the Shrines.

"And then what happens once we get there?" Ori asks.

"Then, in the shrine, we begin the process of separating your soul from his body. If done correctly, Ori's soul will take control of his body."

Well that's good and all, but... "...what about me?"

Sein took a breath. "It's kinda unclear, but we feel one of three things will happen. You could have enough energy to form your own spirit, and in that case, there would be no reason to fret. In another case, the soul might remain as a soul. We're not sure of the specifics, but it might be able to return to where you came from, and your memories will return to you as well. And in the last scenario, the soul might be too damaged to continue on, and... you'll... die."

"..." The thought did cross his mind. After all, what is soul without the body, and what's a body without the soul? Wait... so what happened to my other body? Did I have another body before becoming Ori? He tried to recall something about his past again, to no avail. Regardless, he pondered the outcomes of her plan.