Epilogue: The Bonds Everlasting

A day of sorrow transformed into a night of joy for the family as a whole. When Ori and Vini got back to the Wellspring Glades, all of the Moki immediately noticed the new face... and who he was with. Instantly, they got curious and rushed over to him with many questions and comments. Overwhelmed a bit, Vini tried to calm them down a bit.

"Hey! Hey... let's all take a deep breath." Vini stated. All the Moki took a moment to calm down, and they all looked at Vini with a giddy expression. "Good. Now, one person at a time, ask away." He waited for someone to talk, but all he saw was a hand raise into the air. "Yes?" He said, pointing at them.

"Wh-What's your name?" The feminine Moki asked.

"Well... my name is Vini. It's very nice to meet all of you." He said with a smile. Sein eventually joined from behind them, and everyone's gaze turned towards her.

"Who's that?!" A couple of Moki asked, pointing at her.

"Oh... umm, hi. I guess we never did meet. My name is Sein."

Another one raised their hand. Vini pointed at them, and they spoke. "Uhh... Wh-Where did you come from?"

"Umm... " Well, crap. He didn't want to give them the true answer, as none of them would understand. Saying he was from a completely different world would make him sound like a madman. Ori looked at him in fear as well, as Vini stuttered on his words. Eventually, a different voice spoke up.

"Well, you said you came from another land, right?" A familiar Moki jumped in.

"Polk?" Vini said.

Who's Polk? Ori thought.

"O-Oh, right. That's right. I'm from th-the land of... N... N... N-Noooriiin? Yeah, Norin." Vini said.

"What's it like there?" Polk questioned further.

"Umm... Well, it's v-very pretty. There's a bunch of trees, plenty of waterfalls, fresh fruit, it's really wonderful, but it is very far away from here." Vini said.

Hmm... Sein thought.  How does he know about Norin? Did he just coincidentally make it up?

"Y-Yeah, it's a v-very cool place." Ori lied, not knowing what Vini was talking about.

The evening went on without a hitch, answering questions, getting to know the Moki, and just having a good time overall. For the first time, Vini and Ori were in reality together, able to enjoy each other's company, as well as the variety of people and memories they'll have together. But, both of them will never forget what it was like in the Soul Scape, so barren, full of darkness and corruption, and filled with painful memories. Thankfully, they won't have to go there ever again.

—————————————————

As the evening went on, Sein decided to let Ori and Vini know something.

"Hey, I... I think I should be getting back to Nibel." she said.

Both of them looked at Sein in slight surprise. "Are... are you sure?" Ori asked. "You could stay with us for a bit."

"I know, but I need to get back there. Even though I have a spirit form now, I still have a very important role to play in Nibel's ecosystem. Plus, I've been away a lot longer than I should have been."

"But... How are you going to get back? Should I get Ku to take you back?" Vini asked.

"No need, remember? I brought a raft over here. With any luck, I'll use that to get back to Nibel." Much to my miserable boredom.

Ori looked slightly sad that Sein has to go, but Vini wrapped an arm around him. "It's ok, Ori." Vini said. "It's not like you'll never see her again. You can take a trip to Nibel anytime you want."