Chapter 13: Soulless Memories

Ugh... my head hurts. That was some trip.

He slowly got up from the couch he laid on, and positioned himself up straight. Suddenly, he felt a bump hit him in the head.

"Oww! What the he-?" Wait... what happened to my voice? It's so... manly. I kinda like it. As he looked up to see what hit him, he only saw the ceiling and a few of the candles that laid there. Was he taller than before? Yeah, definitely. He slowly moved out towards the open air outside, as he left the treehouse.

The Spirit Tree remained the same beautiful color as in the real world. The trees surrounding it though took on a darker shade of blue and turquoise. As he looked up towards the sky, he saw that it was covered in a mystical purple and blue strand of light, and little twinkling stars hanging in the sky. It looked so pretty, but it somewhat hurt his head looking at it. He surveyed the surrounding area, only to find that the rest of it was shrouded in darkness. He slowly jumped down from the tree, but as he did so, he noticed how his body looked.

His hands and skin were a light beige color, with little to no fur on it, say for a few strands of hair. He saw his body covered in a black cloak of some kind. He saw his feet, now not the small pawed feet he trotted around on normally, but big, 5-toed feet the same size as his now massive hands with 5 fingers.

Huh, so this is my true form, I guess? I gotta say... I like the other form better. He chuckled at himself, and tried to move into the darkness that surrounded the Spirit Tree. However, he somehow touched the darkness, leaving a small ripple effect on it, showing a massive wall. He couldn't go any further than the dark wall. Alright, focus. Sein said that Ori was in a place of darkness. He looked around for a bit, trying to find something. He eventually locked his eyes on something he didn't see in Nibel before. A massive cave that seemed to lead down under the Sunken Glades.

"Guess that's it." He said out loud, noticing the drastic change in tone once again. He slowly made his way towards the cave, seeing how dark it was inside. He was a tiny bit afraid of the dark, but that wasn't going to stop him now. As he was about to enter the cave, he remembered something Seir told him.

"The abilities you possess right now are the Spirit Edge, Spirit Arc, Spirit Smash, Blaze, and Flash."

Flash was a light based ability that was still usable in the Soul Scape according to what Sein told him. It'd be useful to traverse through the darkness. But, am I even able to use it in this form? Well, only one way to find out. He put his hands together, and formed a small ball of light. As he released it, a small explosion occurred around him...

*BOOM*

making a pure light bubble for him to travel through. He wasn't sure if that was intentional, but it definitely made the area around him shake a little bit. So, I can still use magic, but it seems a little unstable? Nonetheless, he could only keep it up for so long, so he had to make his journey quick. He entered the cave briskly, hoping to find Ori as soon as possible.

The cave was damp, and very echoey. He didn't know how far down he'd have to go to find Ori, but he was going to find him nonetheless. Along the way, he heard several sounds in the cave, but... they didn't sound like there were creatures in the cave. They sound... like somebody was talking to them. Then he starts to recognize some of the voices...

"Ori! Come over here. I got some food for you." A joyful, motherly voice.

"Hmm... what if I... this here, and that there... how's that?" A fatherly voice, seemingly working on something.

"ORIIIII!!!" A young female's cry for help, with the faint sounds of rain and thunder behind it.

"The Spirit Willow awaits us, Ori." An echoey whisper of light.