Chapter 3

"SHE'S DEAF!?" Glimmer shouted causing Adora and Bow to flinch.

"Yep, so be nice to her," Adora said in a serious and demanding tone. Glimmer and Bow both nodded.

"So how do we communicate?" Bow asked as Glimmer smirked.

"Obviously talk louder. Duh," Glimmer said proudly.

"No not duh!" Adora mocked causing Bow to snicker.

"Talking louder isn't going to make her hear you. She deaf, do I need to spell it?" Adora asked as Glimmer rolled her eyes. She shook her head before looking back at Catra. The brunette's focus was on the outside and the fields of grass.

"Are you sure she isn't ignoring us?" Glimmer asked as Adora pulled over.

"Here's your stop," She said as Glimmer looked out the window. She only saw a trash can.

"Adora, what the hell? There's only a trash can?" Glimmer said pointing outside.

"Exactly where you belong right now," Adora mumbled before driving off. Bow heard her remark and held back a laugh as Glimmer tilted her head.

"What?"

"N-Nothing!" He replied and she shrugged it off. The rest of the ride was silent until Catra turned her head. She locked eyes with Glimmer and Glimmer glared at her.

"Hey, I'm Catra," She signed as Glimmer looked confused. Catra noticed and frowned.

Catra:
They don't know sign?

Adora:
Unfortunately not, I don't either which is why we're texting

Catra frowned and turned her phone off before looking back at the landscape sadly. Adora noticed her reaction and frowned. I have a friend that knows sign language! Maybe I can ask her for help! Adora thought before parking the car outside Glimmer's house.

"Thanks, come on Bow." Glimmer said as the two left the car. They closed the door and entered Glimmer's house as Adora pulled off. Catra took out her diary and Adora watched through the mirror.

Just met these two kids. They don't know sign. Nobody does, only mom and Entrapta. It's all my fault she's gone. Stop, I can't keep bringing this up, I'll be bawling my eyes out when I get home. The pink-haired friend doesn't like me that much though. However, the dark purple hair guy seems ok with me. I hope it stays that way, it's better than being hated.

Catra's writing was cut off by a text notification. She took out her phone and read the message.

Adora:
Where's your house lol

Catra:
Fright Zone

Adora:
Really? Woah

Catra:
Yeah, and what do you mean by woah?

Adora:
I didn't expect you to live there, it's fairly far from Brightmoon

Catra:
Yeah, but it was worth it because I met you

Adora:
:) that's sweet

Catra:
I'm just saying facts. But seriously thank you, you have no idea how much this means to me :,)

Adora heard sniffling from behind her and turned her head. Catra was crying. Adora smiled and held Catra's hand for comfort. The brunette lifted her head and smiled while she wiped her tears away.

Catra:
You are seriously the best person I've ever met. How are you single?

Adora:
Haha thanks

Adora:
Wait is this you asking me out?

Catra:
No? We just met plus I don't know if this school is homophobic or not
[Text has been deleted]

Catra:
Nope lol you thought

Adora:
I really did, come on let me drive you home

Catra:
That would be nice

Adora pulled off and started the drive again. She drove past a couple of farms and Catra was mesmerized by the horses. She loved them.

Riding with Adora is fun. Plus there are so many horses around here! So many different colors and sizes! The one at the school looked different than these. The one at the school had a bright rainbow mane and was fairly white. Maybe the school horse is a trained mascot. Actually, I hope it's not just someone trapped inside, that would be unsettling. But back to Adora. I noticed her eyes were light blue! I haven't seen anyone with bright eye colors like that! It's so cool! And maybe it's just my imagination but they seem to glow when she gets excited.

Adora:
We're here

Catra closed the diary before looking outside the window. She smiled towards Adora and got out of the car.

Catra:
Thanks again, you're the best

Adora:
No worries, I can pick you up tomorrow if you want!

Catra:
Free rides?! Are you sure?

Adora:
Absolutely!

Catra:
Oh, well thank you for that. I'll take it

Catra:
If it isn't much trouble do you want to meet my mom?
[Text has been deleted]

Catra:
See you tomorrow!

Adora waved through the window before driving off. Catra walked up the steps of her house before unlocking the door and going inside.

"Hey, sweetie! How was school? And before you ask I made sure the teachers knew," Mrs. Weaver signed as Catra's eyes lit up.

"School was bad but then good! I met this cute girl named Adora and now she's my friend! She gave me a ride home and offered to drive me to school every day!" Catra signed excitedly. Mrs. Weaver smiled before smirking.

"Cute girl?" She signed causing Catra to blush. She had realized her mistake.

"That was an accident," She signed back, embarrassed by her slip up. She watched her mother laugh before continuing to sign.

"Sure it is, anyway I'm sure you want to be alone so I'll let you be." Mrs. Weaver signed as Catra nodded. She waved before running up the stairs. She went into her bedroom overwhelmed with joy. She reached into her bag and instantly felt her feelings wash away.

She left her diary in the car. And it was unlocked.

I forgot to add this but this is a Human Au and it might go a little fast.