||04|| Numbed

Oakley POV

"He said it's around this area," I said, leaning my head forwards as I twisted the car around the corner. Olivia and I had been driving for nearly an hour and a half trying to find the damn shooting range. No luck yet.

"Maybe he was lying," Olivia said in the seat beside me, applying scarlet red lipstick in the mirror attached to the sun visor.

Driving into a neighborhood, I move slowly past the people of NYC, each person walking to a destination of their own. My eyes scan every building we pass, each coffee shop, and each grocery store until Olivia called my name.

"Oakley, look," She said. I turned my gaze to where she was pointing across the street. In front of what looked like an abandoned small building, with newspapers and posters covering the windows and door, a bullseye target stood on the window.

"Do you think that's a coincidence?" She asked, turning back to me.

Spinning my head to look in the rear window to make sure the road was clear I answered back, "I guess we'll just have to find out, won't we?" I whipped the car to the right across the street as soon as the opportunity revealed itself. It beats driving around the street again.

I parked beside one of the cars in front of the building with the bullseye poster and unbuckled my seat belt.

Turning to the backseat was a blanket that laid over the duffle bag full of guns. I kept it covered just in case we got pulled over or something unexpected happened to the car. Can't have nosey people looking in and seeing a bag that size and start suspecting anything of us.

I pulled it off and unzipped the bag, whiffing in the pleasing metallic scent of the guns that I fell in love with. Pulling out two small submachine guns, I passed one to Olivia and she took it out of my hand.

"Okay bitch, you ready?" I asked Olivia.

She snorted, "Is that even a question? They took your parents from you. I'm down with whatever you decide to do, no matter how insane it is. Forever." She held out her hand, her pinky sticking out.

I looked down at it, "Forever." I said, hooking my pinky with hers. We brought our hands up and kissed our connected hands. It was a form of friendship we created several months ago, as a way of promising we'll always be there for each other. Forever.

Not everyone gets to find a best friend that's the same as you, or even crazier, in their lifetime

Not everyone gets to find a best friend that's the same as you, or even crazier, in their lifetime. And since I found her, she isn't going anywhere, she's stuck for life.

"Let's go then." We both lifted our hands to the ski masks rolled up at our foreheads and pulled them down so that only our eyes and lips were visible.

I put the gun in the black leather leggings that I had changed into before we left and put my shirt over it to hide it. Olivia did the same before exiting the car.