||13|| Over And Under*

Oakley POV

"I expected a better-looking apartment," August said as we stepped into my door. The orange sunset was shining through the curtains, slightly illuminating the dark living room. It smelled like coffee beans and perfume, the comforting familiar scent.

I flicked on the light and rolled my eyes, "Not everyone is as rich as you. A poor Texian and an orphaned girl live here what do you expect?"

The apartment was just how Olivia and I left it the night we left for the party. Even the coffee table hadn't been closed back, the guns inside of it exposed. I left it open by accident rushing to get to the party.

I dropped my keys back in my purse and instantly went to take off my heels. They were killing my feet and as soon as they were off relief flooded my body. I rubbed my feet into the soft carpet.

"You sure you weren't in some other mafia I don't know about?" August said picking up a pistol from the coffee table.

It was one of my favorites. The barrel was matte black and a silencer was connected to the muzzle. It was one of the first guns I got when I arrived in NYC.

"No, I just like collecting guns."

"Yeah, clearly."

He examined it like a piece of art, just as I did the first time I saw it in the shop.

After stripping barefoot, I walked over to him and took it out of his hand, and held it. It fit my hand perfectly, like it was made for me.

I smirked, a playful idea popping into my head. Taking a few steps back, I pointed the gun at August.

"Hands up."

Confusion crossed his face for a moment before quickly catching on, his lip curling. "What're you doing?" His voice was light.

"You heard me, hands up."

He shook his head but listened, lifting his hands up behind his head.

"Am I under arrest, ma'am?" He played along, causing a smile to stretch across my face.

"Yes, you are. You've been bad."

"Oh yeah?" A smirk playing on his face.

I nodded, taking my bottom lip in my mouth. His eyes followed me as I walked closer to him, "How would the great August Creed escape this scenario? I think he's screwed if you ask me." I narrated. "Unarmed, and cornered by a police officer."

"A hot one at that; I'm practically a dead man." He raised an eyebrow at me, and I could already feel my cheeks going into flames.

"If," He continued, "If I wasn't a part of the mafia. Then I wouldn't have realized that you have the gun pointed just an inch too close to me. Opening an opportunity for me to swing my arm around and grab a hold of the gun before you even realize what's happening. You'd be in a headlock in seconds."

I blinked. I didn't know if he was lying or if he actually knew what he was talking about. But I'm leaning on the lather. I took a step back.

He shook his head, "Too late now Angel, you don't get second chances in the Mafia." He lowered his hands from his head and stepped forward to reach for me.