||17|| Re-visited pain

Oakley POV

I knocked on the door Caleb pointed me to. It was already slightly open.

"Caleb, I told you I'm fine," Olivia huffed before she laid eyes on me. She laid in a bed, a lamp lit beside her and a tv remote in her hand. Her eyes lit up when she saw me.

"Glad to hear you're feeling okay," I said a small smile on my face.

"Oak," she exclaimed, "I didn't think you'd get here so fast, come in. Calebs room is amazing." She lifted herself into a sitting position and watched as I walked up to her. Her head tilted and her ponytail dropping sideways.

"Oakley, what's wrong?" She asked.

I turned my head down to the floor, wiping my nose, "Nothing. It was just raining out."

"Yeah, bullshit. I'm not your best friend for no reason, Oak, I know when you're lying. I can tell from your voice alone."

She had a point, my voice was small and sounded fragile. I hated it.

I looked up at her, my frown engrained on my lips and she pouted, opening her arms out to me.

I walked over, taking my shirt and jeans off to lay on the bed beside her, too drained to get new clothes. Another round of tears made their appearance.

She's the only person I'd cry in front of. Crying shows vulnerability, it's used against you in your most desperate time in need. Back in school, I'd cry when thinking of my parents and the kids would laugh, and make jokes. So I taught myself to hide it all inside.

But Olivia was the opposite, she'd cry about her favorite show ending or the ice-cream finishing—speaking from viewers' experience—but yet still be able to take a life. I will never understand her but that's what I love about her.

"Wanna talk about it?" She asked rubbing my head, knowing the answer is usually no. I laid on her shoulder and her arms went around me, careful not to irritate the wrapped wound on her side. I still feel terrible for being the cause of it.

"I'm stupid," I muttered.

Olivia let out a small laugh, "One, you're not stupid, far from it. Two, why would you think that?"

I sighed, licking my lips, "Today when August—"

"Wait this is about August? I thought you guys were nothing?"

I groaned closing my eyes, "Please for the love of god no questions. Especially that one. If I hear it one more time I might throw up."

"Alright, fine. No more questions."

"Thank you," I laid back on her shoulder, "When August and I got to the sanctuary, I saw him... uh, holding a woman," The words felt like acid coming off my tongue.

Liv nodded, "And how did that make you feel?"

I looked up at her with a straight face, "I said no questions."

"Okay, but that's a really serious one," She rebutted.

I turned over grabbing her pillow and covered my face with it.