||20|| Waffle

August POV

"August, you got soap in my fucking eye!" Oakley shouted at me, slapping my chest.

I only laughed.

She's turned around and washed her eye out. I stood close behind her, wrapping my arm around her soapy waist, and kissed her shoulder.

I feel her body soften in my arms.

I'm fucking glad I locked her in this room, she needed to figure her shit out. It gave her time to think.

It was fucked up but would I do it again? Fuck yes. If it means getting to hold her like this.

"You ready for today?" I asked her.

She bent down to shut the shower off and my jaw locked as I watched her ass.

She knows exactly what she's doing to me.

"You mean the mission Mathew's sending us on to do his business for him?" She stepped out and my eyes don't leave her wet figure. I lick my lips.

"It's more so his way of seeing if you're capable of being a part of the Mafia."

She stands in the mirror drying herself off with a towel and I come around to stand flush behind her.

My hands feel so cold if they're not touching her.

She starts applying makeup shit on her eyelashes. She doesn't even need it they're already spider-like by themselves.

"And if he thinks I'm not capable of it, then what?" She asked as I kiss her neck.

"You won't find out because you are capable of it, Angel."

If all goes well, there's nothing to worry about. My chest began to tighten at the other possibility.

This is more than a test. This was life or death. In more ways than one.

I spin her around and hold her chin, planting a firm kiss on her lips. Fuck, they feel so good against mine.

She smiled, "And that was for...?" dragging out the sentence for me to finish it.

For showing me I can fall in love. I'll never let anything happen to you. I promise.

Love?

There's no other word that could mean what I feel. 'Like'? She's more than just someone I fucking like.

I don't want to tell her.

It's only been two weeks yet there's nothing else that describes what I feel for this wild woman. I had never been in love before, but my brother had always told me I'd know when I feel it. And I fucking feel it right now. With her eyes on mine.

But I'm afraid she's only just starting to open up to me. I don't want to scare her back into the shell by telling her that I love her.

I cup her cheek in my palm, "I just love the way your lips taste." I slid my thumb across her bottom lip and go down to kiss them again, slow and softly.

Her cheeks redden and I smirk as she slides away from me and puts her fresh pair of clothes on. I did the same.

When I enter the room, she's wearing the black short skirt she had on when we first met. Tensionally ripped stockings underneath, and a half-shirt thing.

She looks fucking hot.

It matched well with my all-black attire.

"You do know we're going to kill someone, not go out to a Friday night party right?" I looked her up and down as she slipped her boots on. Even with them on I'm still a few taller than her.