||19|| Rules Broken*

[warning: a lot of holy water is needed. I repeat a LOT of holy water is needed x10]

Oakley POV

I hadn't fallen asleep all night.

At one point I stopped screaming at August through the door and laid on his bed, staring at the mirror above it. In silence.

I wonder if he listened to my screams or if he left me in the apartment alone to shout pointlessly at myself. At least that's what I would've done if I was him.

Especially with how I acted.

Shit.

Locking me in this room was a dick move. Yes.

But a dick move for a dick. Aka: Me.

But I hate it when people tell me what to do and August isn't an exception. I think. And with the dream, thoughts of my parents, and my panic attacks rising again, I was one unstable fucking bitch.

I heard the click of the door open but I didn't move. My back faced the door and footsteps chipped through the silence.

I don't even want to look at him. I'd possibly see the hurt still on his face from my words. Or worse, see no emotion on his face at all.

Something was placed on the bed and I felt his presence walk around over to me, I kept my eyes closed and my breath steady.

Even without laying eyes on him, I could feel it was him. His scent maybe? But right now he smelt different. Was it... bacon?

Then a soft blanket covered me, shielding me from the cool morning drafts from his high-up apartment. His hand brushing over my shoulder. 

My heart swelled. Why does he have to do things like this? Why can't he just let me hate him?

I batted my eyes open and lifted a hand to catch his before he pulled away from me.

I see him tense up, clearly not expecting me to be awake. His eyes had dark circles surrounding them, indicating he hadn't slept through the night as well.

I sigh and swallow, "I'm sorry," and I'm surprised to hear him say the words with me.

At least we're on the same page.

He nods. Then lets go of my hand, but not before giving it a small squeeze. Both of us silently agreeing to spare each other a conversation about last night.

My head was already pounding from all the crying I did. My eyes felt puffy, crust in the corners of them. I need a shower badly.

A hot scorching one.

August walked around the bed, "You hungry?" His voice was rough and low.

I sat up to see a tray on the edge of the bed, breakfast laid out on it. Blueberry waffles, fried eggs, and bacon. So that's where the scent came from.

I couldn't help but crack a smile, the savoring smell filling my lungs.

Breakfast in bed. Smooth fucking bastard.

"How did you know this is my go-to?" I asked him, flipping my hair to one side.

He shrugged, wearing a black tank top and gray sweatpants. My eyes lingered on the print between his legs and warmth filled my cheeks.

VengeanceOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara