||08|| Capo

August POV

I'm carrying the woman who knocked me out and helped kill Salvo cartels... I should be leaving her to bleed out on the floor. And I would be if she wasn't the only thing preventing Oakley from leaving. I would've left her in a heartbeat otherwise.

And after all, I was ordered to bring Oakley back alive and well, if I wasn't, I would've left her to die too. Whether she's hot or not.

I turned a corner of a long dim hallway as I carried this woman in my hands. After I tackled Oakley to the floor my shoulder has been spiking in pain from the collision with the ground. Not to mention she hit me with her fucking gun across my lip, which was pulsing.

"August! They're behind us!" I heard Oakley shout from behind. I turned around as we made our way down the hallway. The back door exit was just at the end of it.

Spinning around, two men were turning the corner a few feet behind us.

Before I could tell her what to do, Oakley pulled out her gun and shot at them. several of her shots hit the wall causing them to seek cover around the corner.

If I didn't know better I would think she's been a part of a mafia all her life with how she handles things. She never fails to surprise me.

I turned behind one of the corners and pressed my back against the wall to catch my breath, Oakley just at my side keeping the other cartels at bay with shots. The woman in my hands began to cough and groan causing worry to cross Oakley's expression.

She looked up at me, "I ran out of bullets, and they're getting closer," She said, panting and clearly on the brink of losing it.

"Relax, just keep them off for a few more seconds. Take my gun, it's hooked to my belt." I ordered her

"What do you mean relax?" She stressed while pushing my suit jacket to the side to pull out my handgun.

She peeked over the corner and a bullet shot through the air, nearly grazing her head, I inhaled sharply before realizing it missed her. She pressed her back against the wall, barely dodging death. I sighed in relief. Not that I truly cared if she died, but I don't want to be the one to deliver the news to Boss.

"Aren't you a part of this mafia shit? Do something!" She hissed through her teeth.

"If I remember correctly it's you're fucking friend that I'm holding at the moment," I voiced, causing her to roll her eyes.

"Now watch who you're talking to because I can very well drop her and leave you both to fend for yourselves." I lied. Her green eyes glared up at me as if she was weighing her options. She sighed, clearly resorting to shutting up. The correct option.

Static echoed through my ear from my earpiece as Oakley sent two more shots around the corner with my gun.

Took them long enough.

"August, you there?" It was Caleb, a cartel member, just as I was. Cartel is the general name for the mafias, it hides the actual name just in case others might be listening in when speaking of it.

"Where the fuck is my backup? We're in the back hallway, towards the exit. There's, two on us, maybe three-"

"Two," Oakley interrupted, turning back to send shots down the hall. 

"Two. And I'm carrying some dying chick, so hurry."

Oakley on the side of me raised her eyebrows, her lips curling in at my words as I spoke through my earpiece.

"On our way Capo." I heard a beep indicating the line was cut.

Capo, it's another world for the underboss, which is me, of course. Capos are the head of their own crew of hitmen, we call the shots but follow the orders of the Boss as well. The mafias are made up of a tree of ranks and titles, we all have positions to oblige by and orders to follow. And if we don't, then what meets us is a bullet through the head. It's how things work and always worked.

VengeanceOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara