Chapter 3

Renamed the book to Once Upon A Night.

• ¤ •

Kashish woke up later than usual the following day. She observed her reflection in the mirror as she brushed her teeth. Thoughts, of various colors shooting across her mind. 

Last night had given her a reality check. She couldn't stop wondering about what would happened with Tanya. She couldn't stop thinking about the kiss last night. It was almost like a spell had been cast upon her. She had never felt a temptation so strong. She wondered what would've happened if she didn't stop. Blinking out of her thoughts she quickly finished brushing her teeth.

After a quick shower, she headed down for breakfast. 

She felt stupid for holding on to the small things that had upset her in school days. No one cared after all. Why did she have to be so sensitive? 

She had worried so much about what would be everyone's reaction on seeing her. Would they be envious of her, would they still end up ignoring her, or would they pass sneer remarks... so on and so forth.

What she realized was... she was the only one giving damn. No one cared of what the past was. Most of them seemed to have moved on and left their school days behind. Why was she stuck then? Why did she pretend as though she didn't care what others thought of her but somewhere deep down it mattered to her?

Kashish was surprised to find Virat, her fiancé at the dining table. Her gaze drifted to her parents. Something was off. They all looked serious, lost in their own mind space. Was it about the wedding? 

Her heartbeat dropped a little wondering what was going on. She began to worry as she took slow steps towards the dining table trying to look for hints. Her parents had invited Virat and his family two months back. 

Kashish wanted to lay a stronger foundation for her career before she was ready to take the responsibility of a marriage on her shoulders. She had just begun to work with her father who owned a chain of retail and wholesale garmets shop. She was slowly transforming the business. She was working on taking the business online, tying up with designers, working on their own brand. There was a lot she wanted to do.

However, the affable,charming and intelligent Mr. Virat Chauhan had won her heart. Even her parents were charmed by his personality. The only thing she had heard after that night from her parents was that she shouldn't let this wonderful man go, men like him were rare and she shouldn't let go the chance to being his wife.

Frankly, Kashish wasn't sure if he'd say a yes. He was handsome, hailed from a good family, filled with scholars and had a good career. Generally, guys of that kind would want nothing less than a model like wife. Much to her surprise the next day a yes had come from his family. 

Good proposals are sealed quickly, and that's exactly what happened. They had conducted a small engagement ceremony and fixed the wedding date on a day in the month of December. It was still not on the cards, but a tentative date.

Kashish and Virat had amicably decided to utilize the long gap between their engagement and wedding to know each other. It took Kashish time to accept people into her close circle and she was glad that she had the time to get used to Virat.

"Hi, Good morning!" Kashish wished with a smile looking at the three faces around the table.

"Good morning, beta!" Her mother rquickly gave her a side hug, and walked off to the kitchen asking her to take a seat.

"Hey, good morning!" Virat wished.

She smiled looking at her father and then her fiancé.  "All okay?"