Chapter 9

Sujoy had stepped in and shut the door after asking the watchman to wait.

"He's lying!" Virat said, looking straight at Sujoy. He looked pissed, almost ready to explode.

"I thought as much. But he's reported a complaint against you."

"What the hell! That guard is probably fed money by someone. Until yesterday he was talking respectfully to me."

"You did talk to him yesterday?" Sujoy inquired, with a slightly raised eyebrow. Kashish looked at Virat, as a wave of calm washed him. Like the calm before a storm.

"Yes, I did. When I came by yesterday, I realized that the guard enters the in-time of all the vehicles and people at the gate. So, I checked his register for the night of Ishaan's murder. Kashish was in by ten thirty three."

Sujoy stared at him. Kashish sensed something off.

"What?" Virat asked, probably sensing trouble too.

"That entry on the register seems to be overwritten. Apparently, the time was ten fifty-three and someone made it look like thirty three."

"Utter rubbish. It was a clear thirty three. I saw it with my own eyes."

Sujoy sighed, glancing at Kashish and then looking at Virat. "This man seems to be cooking up something."

"I am going to make him talk truth," Virat said with a threatening resolve, ready to turn towards the door.

"Virat, wait." Sujoy said, placing  hand on his shoulder. "I trust you. But right now, we can't make the situation worse. He has already threatened to go to the media and tell that a cop abused him. So, you stay away from him. We need to be cautious of our actions."

"I don't belive this. So any Tom Dick Harry would go to the media and we need to be scared of that?"

"Look, Virat you need to calm down. I have been asked to bring you to the police station."

"What the fuck!" Virat cursed, looking ridiculously at Sujoy. "Based on that liar's cooked up story?"

Kashish silently stood by, watching them. This version of Virat was, well, dynamically badass and she'd never want to be at the receiving end of it.

"It's just a questioning, Virat. Mehak is the officer in charge. We'll figure this out, okay?"

"Mehak? Seriously?!" He muttered, looking cornered. 

Kashish was stumped by the situation. This case was getting complicated with every passing hour. The usually-a -gentleman, Virat's anger hinted that the situation going out of hands.

"Bharat is on his way to be with Kashish, I need you to come with me to the police station. Let's fix this watchman case first and find out what we can. In the meanwhile, the IT team is looking into Ishaan, to find more probable suspects."

"Okay," Virat muttered. He finally turned to look at Kashish.

Kashish was way too confused now. Was there a chance that Virat was lying and the watchman wasn't? Or Virat was being painted in black? Why would someone trap Virat into this? Unless the killer was trying to trap her. It was all very confusing.

"Take care," He said softly before walking out with Sujoy. Kashish saw him get into the car with Sujoy and the watchman. She shut the door, her head hurting with the new turn of events.

For some reason, she had formed an unshakeable trust on Virat that was too hard to even shift the slightest. But that worried her more. Was Virat trying to protect her?