Chapter 6

"Kashish," she opened her eyes to find Virat looking at her. His brows were curved up and his lips slightly parted.

Kashish managed a smile, sitting up straight on the sofa.

"You must be hungry," He said.

"Yeah," she said in agreement, glancing at the small, four seater dining table that was already spread out with food. She didn't know when he had set it up with plates and the glasses for water, she hadn't heard a sound.

She got off the couch, squeezing her eyes shut at the stinging pain in her knees.

"It should be better by tomorrow," He said, reaching out to hold her arm.

"Yeah," she said softly as he helped her walk to the common bathroom. 

The dinner was a very silent affair. He was mostly busy observing her and ready to offer his help in the blink of an eye, while Kashish tried her best to chew with her paining jaw without complaining.

"I am sorry, all of this shouldn't have happened. Don't worry, the team is tracing those two bikers and we should have them in custody soon enough."

"I hope so," she replied softly.

"Did you talk to your parents?"

Kashish glanced up at him, shaking her head, giving him the answer in a negative. "What about you?"

"No," He answered thoughtfully glancing back at his plate. "Let's keep this between us until this investigation has some breakthrough?"

"Yeah...I will try my best to keep it covered for a while."She said thoughtfully.

"Okay."

Kashish made a mental note to come up with some excuse. Her mother would start sniffing trouble if the housemaid called her and told her no one answered the door.

After dinner, he led her to the spare room. Kashish admired Virat for his thoughtfulness, as he made the room comfortable for her, placing extra throw pillows so that she could rest her arm on that. He left to bring her a cup of milk. 

She had had an instant gut feeling when she had first met him. It just felt right to say yes. That gut feeling was probably the best she had. She wondered how she would have dealt with this situation if he wasn't there in the picture. Maybe life did actually have a plan for everything. 

Her gaze went around the room. It was a simple, decent size room. The walls were painted in beige with wooden built-in-wall cupboards and a small dressing table on the side. Her gaze drifted towards the balcony. It was open, letting in the cool breeze of the night. She sat on the bed, getting her hair out of the tight ponytail. She let put a sigh as her elbow pained in the process.She quickly tied into a low bun and put her hands down. Her gaze went out and up to night sky through the open French windows of the balcony. 

He entered the room with a cup of hot turmeric milk and sat beside her on the bed. She smiled taking the cup from his hand. It was a weird feeling. It was the first time that she was getting to know Virat, for what he was than what he spoke or what she saw.

"Thanks," she said, as he placed the cup on the stool that he had pulled from the side. He pressed a smile. He seemed to be lost in thoughts.

After the pause of a few seconds he spoke up, "Kashish, did you happen to see anything about those two bikers?" 

Kashish shook her head in a negative, sadly. It was tormenting. What if they had kidnapped her or something worse than that? What if she had got hurt terribly. Her parents would've been so worried and hurt.