Chapter 7

Kashish opened her eyes to find the other side of the bed made perfectly. She frowned, slowly sitting up. It took her a while to go back to sleep after waking up in the middle of the night. However, Virat had drifted back into sleep quickly. She reached out to teh nightstand on the other sid eof the bed and picked up her phone. It was a few minutes past nine. She got out of the bed and wlaked to the washroom. The pain in her knew was still there, but it was rather dull. Her jaw pain had almost vanished. 

Tidying up her appearance she walked put of the room. He was in the living area, seated at the dining table. "Good morning!" He said without immediately looking up at her. She was beginning to realize that he was way alert than a normal person. 

"Good morning!" She wished, instantly having his gaze on her.

"How are you feeling?"

"Much better."

"A good night's sleep is all it takes." He remarked with a small smile, getting up from the chair. 

"I hope, omelet and toast is okay for breakfast?"

"Yeah, perfectly." Kashish replied slowly following him into the kitchen

"Would you mind if I fix myself a cup of coffee?"

"No, uh, do you want me to..."

"I can manage." She replied looking around the kitchen. Her gaze went back to him as he handed her a small steel milk pan.

"Here's the milk, and sugar," He said placing them for her. "And instant coffee powder." He added, placing a glass bottle.

"So, how much can you  cook?"

"Breakfast stuff. For lunch we usually get tiffin delivered. And dinner is also tiffin."

"Hmm," she said as she went about preparing the coffee. "Will you have some?"

"Nah, I already had my first cup of tea." He replied putting the breads into the toaster. He turned to look at her. 

She glanced at him. 

He looked away and then back at her. 

"Thanks for last night."

"Don't keep saying thanks for everything, okay?"

She watched him carefully, slowly nodding. She drifter her gaze back to the pan of milk.

"Uh, Kashish,"

"Hmm," she glanced back at him.

"I may come off a little rude and bossy... I have been told that at multiple times. But, it's just the way I speak. Sorry, please, thank you, I am a sort of hard wired to use them very less. I uh, just realized that... you.. what I mean to say is... you don't have to be obliged to do what I say or agree with whatever I say. You understand what I mean, right?"

Kashish smile and turned to face him fully. "I understand. So, have you also been told that you smile also very rarely?"

He stared right into her eyes, a small smile playing on his lips. 

"You can definitely go wider than that," she said pointing at his lips.

His smile widened and he turned away. Kashish was amazed, who knew that the serious, rough-tough looking police officer could blush.

"Nice smile, officer!" She complimented turning around to monitor her coffee in making.

"How come you don't have an American accent? I mean, most people tend to have it after living there for a few years."