1

Aizawa Shota was just looking through his going-to-be-student's files when he counted them. And counted them again. There were only nineteen. He was missing one Midoriya Izuku.

He quickly ran to the rat's office, not even noticing the door was open before running inside. "Where is Midoriya Izuku's file?" His eyes were red, having previously discovered his quirk didn't affect Nezu.

"It's right here, would you like to read it here?" Nezu held the file in his paw offering it towards Aizawa, who turned off his quirk when he noticed it. "I found it quite interesting and read it a few times."

The dark haired man took the file, flipping through it. "What about it piqued your interest?"

Nezu glanced at the man before answering his question. "Midoriya Izuku was a perfectly average student at Aldera until leaving during his second and third years to temporarily move to an area in Northern Japan. He had a consistent average of 85 and almost always scored the same on his tests." He slid off his chair to make some tea.

Shota stared at him before checking his scores for himself. It was a row of 85s dotted with 84s and 86s. "And that's totally not suspicious. Why would he leave, and for a matter why did he doctor his average?"

"I don't actually know." The teacher nearly dropped the file, staring wide-eyed at the chimera. "His mother is in Mustafu and he's returned to her for the school year. He went to the same elementary school and attended Aldera with Bakugo Katsuki. Perhaps you could ask him." When he mentioned the blonde student's name his eyes glinted with... something- something Aizawa didn't want to poke at today.

"Is there anything interesting about him- Midoriya?"

"Yes, he had one overdue book from the library that was recently returned. Breathing: The Art of the Demon Slayers is an old book from before the dawn of quirks, before even the quote on quote moderna age. Breathing Styles are apparently ancient swordsmanship forms practiced by the mysterious Demon Slayer Corps, which were less than an urban legend. I doubt how much of the book is actually true." The two of them obviously wanted to read it, Nezu smirking just a touch saying the name, Aizawa furrowing his brows when his boss explained breathing styles.

"So? Kids go through the 'equality era fan' phase, maybe Midoriya was into something before that." Middle school students were often the reason history teachers like Cementoss couldn't find enough materials for the unit centering around the 21st century.

Nezu let a pause sneak it's way into the conversation, sipping his tea. "I suppose. I will keep an eye on him and I hope you do too." Aizawa nodded the moment he asked, no doubt in his mind that Midoriya would be a problem child.

Shota let another lull in the conversation let his boss sip more tea, flipping through some of the pages. "What's his quirk?"

"He doesn't have one." Shota sucked in a sharp breath, glancing up as if to make sure it was true.

"Well in that case he might have left because of that. Being quirkless is much more common up north and he would be able to have a much more fair education that way."

"That is true, but then wouldn't it be listed as a school and not 'private tutoring?' I don't understand why he would leave for his second year, not his first." Only then was there a longer pause while Nezu did some paperwork and Aizawa thought.

"Wait, how did he get in?" The tall man broke the silence, Nezu setting his pen down. "He's got green curly hair and doesn't have a quirk to use, I would remember him."

Nezu went somber, or as somber as he could while being a small mouse-looking creature. "An old friend of mine passed away after only asking me to teach Midoriya. I think it's best for him to be in a class of students before starting anything with me." Aizawa immediately felt bad for asking, opening his mouth to apologize when the principal started shaking his head. "I don't even know how they knew each other." He looked at a picture on the window of Nezu standing on the shoulder of an older man, whose mask was obscured by a tengu mask. "He wrote to me only asking to take care of Midoriya and to be patient with him." Nezu picked up the pen again and Aizawa left, giving the chimera space.