25

The days following the Sports Festival were chaotic for the staff. Problem Child #1 had, according to Nemuri and Cementoss, had blacked out momentarily during his and Problem Child #2's fight, just for a short enough time that no one could really notice unless they were close enough. For placement Problem Child #1 was given first place, though there was a constant debate about if it should be revealed that he blacked out. Though I spent most of the week off napping and preparing lesson plans so that next year they all make the second round, I did have to bribe Nemuri to take over the lesson where they choose their hero names.

Que a headache.

The first names weren't bad persey, but they were kinda cringy and I soon found myself glad I paid for a new pair of heels for Nemuri.

Aoyama: Shining Hero, Can't Stop Twinkling. Originally "I Cannot Stop Twinkling"

Ashido: Acid Rain Hero, Pinky. Originally "Acid Hero, Alien Queen"

Asui: Rainy Season Hero, Froppy. Originally "Froppy", but the Hero Commision likes whatever beginning bits they now require, so "Rainy Season Hero" was added

Iida: Speedy Hero, Tenya. A red flag, as Tensei is always talking about his brother inheriting his name. Maybe they'll talk about it when Iida visits him next

Uraraka: Gravity Hero, Uravity. The first person to choose a good name right off the bat

Ojiro: Martial Arts Hero, Tailman. Another person to choose a good name first try

Kaminari: Stun Gun Hero, Chargebolt. Apparently the hardest person to come up with a hero name for, there were several ideas and eventually the class collaborated on it

Kirishima: Sturdy Hero, Red Riot. Crimson Riot reference, another first try-er

Koda: Petting Hero, Anima. Another class collaboration

Sato: Sweets Hero, Sugarman. Originally "Sugar Muscle"

Shoji: Tentacle Hero, Tentacole. Nemuri had to change his original name since he didn't realize it was a porn thing

Jiro: Hearing Hero, Earphone Jack. Originally "Adapter Hero, Mp3"

Sero: Taping Hero, Cellophane. Originally "Tapeman"

Tokoyami: Jet-Black Hero, Tsukuyomi. Originally "Tokoyami"

Todoroki: Split Hero, Shoto. Nemuri decided that he put in enough effort and let it slide

Hagakure: Stealth Hero, Invisible Girl. Originally "Stealthy"

Problem Child #2: Great Explosion Murder God, Dynamight. How was this accepted?

Problem Child #1: Pillar Hero, The Last. A conversation for Nedzu, honestly

Yaoyorozu: Everything Hero, Creati. Originally "iCreate"

Shinsou's paperwork was being passed though, so he was a late addition and due to not officially being in the class, has not met them yet.

Which was why I was texting Nedzu at 15:30 when I could be napping.

"Nedzu."

"Hello Eraserhead, how are the hero names?"

"Acceptable, good enough they won't ruin anyone's career."

"I assume you want to talk about Shinsou?"

"Yes, the paperwork was finished after the Sports Festival, when can he join the class?"

"The paperwork should be done by friday. No one here is efficient anymore."

"That's four days of classes he's missing." I frowned, he was supposed to join today."

"I understand, he is being emailed the gist of each lesson at the end of each day he misses."

"Thank you."

"One more thing."

"Yes?"

"He seemed to click well with Midoriya, who I'd like to talk to you about anyways."

"He did, what is this about?"

"Midoriya's hero name, obviously!"

"I think it's odd, is it a problem?"

"No, though I would like to explain it to you."

"You understand it?"

"Yes, my dear friend was possibly the only reason he knows of it."

"The one who wrote to you about him?"

"Yes, his name was Urokodaki Sakonji, he was a former swordsman."

"Does it have to do with the breathing thing?"

"It does, have you read about it?"

"I was going to ask Midoriya about it when we did the Quirk Assessment test but that hasn't happened yet obviously."

"You know about the "founding forms" but what about the people who used them?"

"The Demon Slayer Corps? The legend?"

"Exactly. Urokodaki was one of those people, supposedly. I think he was. He was walking on this earth longer than anyone else was, he could tell you about the 1980's like it happened yesterday."

"It didn't."

"But he lived through it, though in a house on a mountain no one else has touched for who knows how long."

"Impossible."

"But he did it."

"Explain his hero name then."

"Urokodaki said that in the Demon Slayer Corps there had been a tier system and the Hashira, the Pillars, were the strongest and most powerful Demon Slayers."

"He named himself after them."

"He did."

"Why haven't we just talked to him about this yet?"

"He should develop on his own for now, when I start teaching him, after the exams, we will talk all together."

"I don't understand why we haven't talked to him about this yet, but I suppose we don't want to distract him from his studies yet."

"Exactly. Do you know where he's going for his work study?."

"I haven't looked yet, they chose them after their hero names with Nemuri but that's all I know."

"A swordsmith hero in the far north of Japan."

"He uses a sword, it makes sense."

"Perhaps we should watch him more after he comes back."

"No shit. I need to approve the work studies."

"Goodbye then."