7

The first team that went was Todoroki & Asui vs Shoji & Tokoyami. Izuku had noticed Todoroki was one to shy away from everyone else, and he was one of the first people out of the locker room. His costume was interesting anyways, and Midoriya stored that fact away for later.

After the 15 minutes of prep each team had gotten went by, Asui was about to walk in when Todoroki pulled her back to the sidewalk, walking in himself. Soon the building was somehow covered in ice and the heroes were declared the winners. Asui must have been shivering because he placed his left hand on her back and she immediately relaxed.

The next match was Aoyama & Mina vs Denki & Jiro. Aoyama was grumpy at Mina from the very beginning, which seemed to set the tone for the rest of the match. Denki and Jiro worked well once they started focusing on the battle trial. It was close, but the only reason the heroes won was Mina's ability to do a flip.

Ojiro & Hagakure vs Yaoyorozu & the Iida kid was disappointing. Hagakure immediately took off her gloves and boots, which made Ojiro uncomfortable. When the grace period was over, Iida immediately rushed off and had gotten Ojiro quickly, but also ruined their plan quite quickly. Honestly, he kept telling people to follow the rules and he couldn't follow their plan.

Yaoyorozu's plan consisted of a fine white powder for Hagakure, which worked until she realized how well the invisible girl could fight. Nonetheless, the villains still won due to Iida's ability to rush in places.

With the next match, Midoriya made it his mission to become Koda's friend. Koda was the eyes and ears of the villains, Sato not really doing anything until the end when he needed to get to Sero quickly.

Of course the heroes still won, Sero's maneuverability and Kirishima's Hardening overpowering Sato's temporary strength and Koda's pure kindness. Koda didn't even fight and still lasted the longest against them. He just kept distracting them.

Of course Midoriya was the most excited for his match, wary of the turnout. Either Bakugou reveals him as quirkless and they question his ability to fight, or Bakugou reveals him as quirkless and they question his... well breathing.

It was right before he left All Might wished him luck and only then did he realize he was in the Hero Course at UA.